Kpro v4 Bluetooth enabled with Hondata Mobile App

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thought I'll start a thread to show the list of readings the app gives as I couldn't find it elsewhere on the internet and also pick your brains which and what to keep an eye on?

Apple iOS view

Partially customisable dashboard

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Oh wow! Didnt know you could do all that! Cant wait to get mine back 3 weeks and counting lol

Fez

Advanced Member
I used this on my civic with the s300, great to keep an eye on things, but i did get carried away at wanting to lower my IAT's, dropped them 10-12degrees eventually haha.

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
I'll screenshot my readings from the app when I'm in the car again if I remember. I'm on android. I'm impressed with the amount of information and readings on the app for the KPro4.

dave7368

Advanced Member
I've had K-Pro for over 6 years now and have never once felt the need to 'keep an eye on things' :xhappy:

2ndy

Advanced Member
I'd say a lot of people with kpro don't know what most of it means. Pay someone good to map the car and there is no need to keep an eye on anything

beppe786

Beppe
but what if something breaks then keeping an eye on things is good you can see and stop before you do more damage..

MrRy

Advanced Member
I'm buying a kpro this week. As above, it helps diagnose, especially if your mapper is a long way away and they don't use remote desktop software, and generally I like to make sure my afr and everything else is still in the right area from time to time.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Yea that is true I suppose it's good for that sort of thing. I have kpro 3 so it means plugging the laptop in which I only really do before and after track days and stuff like that. Would be cool to have it linked to a permanent screen in car only showing the essentials

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Saying you don't need to keep an eye on anything is a bit silly. With that logic, every gauge or warning light is completely redundant..

Depending on what you're doing with the car, how badly you kick it's head in, and what sensors you've got, keeping an eye on water and oil condition are the main things. Also as someone said, being able to read your IAT is a handy thing if you're pissing about with heat tape/shields or different types of intakes.

Rom

Advanced Member
You can read a fair bit of data from an OBD II reader. By law, they have to allow access to anything emissions related.
So TPS, IAT, O2, AFR, Knock, Trims etc. Been a while since i plugged mine in, but theres a fair few. It wont do everything the Kpro reads off of course.

I was dead set on a Kpro, as Id fiddle with it etc, play with crossover, all the fun stuff. In reality, i knew id play for a few weeks, and barely touch it.
But Paul explained a lot of what i wanted to fiddle with, was part of / would affect the map.
Sure, they look pretty on a nice HU display, and to impress friends, but very few people will be doing anything other than looking at generic sensor data.

beppe786

Beppe
if you how to use it it's perfect for slight changes to the map AFRs.. remember rolling road and real road is very different.. there no load on the car on rolling road

there's a lot more stuff in the kpro to fine tune and make it more efficient, i bet most of your maps are set to meet certain AFR thats its.. i bet none have compensation tables set! for Hot and cold weathers!

i did loads of fooling about with the JRSC, was great fun seeing it get faster and faster from when its originally mapped safe with loads of fuel..

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
Saying you don't need to keep an eye on anything is a bit silly. With that logic, every gauge or warning light is completely redundant..
thats a bit of a silly statement right there.. why would you not notice a temp gauge or oil light just because you don't feel the need to know everything the ecu is doing? 99% of people wouldn't understand the information anyway so kind of renders it pointless imo

Kevin85

Advanced Member
You don't need to monitor everything, that's not what I said. Being able to create logs and review data is incredibly useful. Being able to monitor the vitals is equally as useful. The idiot(oil) light and water temp gauge aren't reliable enough if you're really leaning on the car.

Presuming people don't understand, or have the ability to learn about data, is silly. Or unfounded. Or patronising. Whichever. X