Kpro with Cat anyone got any results?

import gav

Just thinking about maps and kpro, I know most people Decat with after market manifold ect, but I really cba with Cat and mot time and overall power isn't the be all, however am still interested to see what results people have achieved on this set up?

The vtec lowering point is where I can see most of the gains coming and will make it alot more drivable.

Thanks

Elliot438

I've not done it but in terms of actually removing the cat it's only worth a couple of bhp. Aftermarket manifolds however do provide decent gains but as you know they replace the cat on the engines (usually).

Best bet would be to weld a high flow cat into the exhaust system.

Leaving the manifold completely standard with the OEM cat you are probably missing out on about 10-15bhp at a guess.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If you are looking to maximise whilst maintaining a cat you can get the Spoon header and a SARD sports cat then whatever system you prefer or want from the cat back.

I ran a DC Sport Racing Header (has a built in decat) mated to a RM01A which was a lovely setup both on tickover and full chat with 0 drone ever and the RM01a catback weighed in at a very light 8.8kg's so its a great setup. However to maintain a cat your best option would be the spoon mani a sard sport cat and then your selected catback system from there.

Lemons

Advanced Member
Just thinking about maps and kpro, I know most people Decat with after market manifold ect, but I really cba with Cat and mot time and overall power isn't the be all, however am still interested to see what results people have achieved on this set up?

The vtec lowering point is where I can see most of the gains coming and will make it alot more drivable.

Thanks
I'm looking to do the same. I have intake mods and a spoon b pipe for a bit more noise, with a stock manifold / cat. Did look at a sports cat and manifold but couldn't really be bothered at £1500.

Lower vtec point should hopefully make the car a bit more fun.

import gav

I'm looking to do the same. I have intake mods and a spoon b pipe for a bit more noise, with a stock manifold / cat. Did look at a sports cat and manifold but couldn't really be bothered at £1500.

Lower vtec point should hopefully make the car a bit more fun.
24lemons, wow £1,500...i must admit the spoon and the sard cat sounds ideal from what I would be after but that is some cost.
Will be interesting to see what results you end up with. Again the main gains will be the earlier crossover and easier to keep in vtec.

Carl, Elliot,
I have just fitted a Rm01a.
Carl you're post on exhausts was what convinced me to go for the fujistubo, and very happy with it . But a aftermarket cat welded in would be an option maybe

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I was thinking about this same thing! And also have the RM01A

I’ve been looking at these at just over a grand with cat

Solid fab header - TDi north

Although, I do have a friendly MOT guy so a de-cat wouldn’t be off the table.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Got a sard sports cat from RHD Japan which did well on the dyno
I made 214.5 at the wheel with Tegiwa induction, RBC manifold and Kakimoto Regu exhaust with K100. The exhast is a bit restricitve as it's 2.25 not 2.5" but happy with those numbers.

import gav

Got a sard sports cat from RHD Japan which did well on the dyno
I made 214.5 at the wheel with Tegiwa induction, RBC manifold and Kakimoto Regu exhaust with K100. The exhast is a bit restricitve as it's 2.25 not 2.5" but happy with those numbers.
That's decent result, was that with a standard top 4-2 exhaust manifold as well?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Sard Sports cats are a very very good one to go for if you intend on keeping a cat. Add that with a Spoon header or similar and you'd have a fit and forget setup.
I also believe depending on your budget Piper do a sport cat for the EP3 so another option would be to look at an EP3 header and Sport cat setup

import gav

Sard Sports cats are a very very good one to go for if you intend on keeping a cat. Add that with a Spoon header or similar and you'd have a fit and forget setup.
I also believe depending on your budget Piper do a sport cat for the EP3 so another option would be to look at an EP3 header and Sport cat setup
Thanks Carl, I will look in to it

skengdR

Advanced Member
Id get rid of the cat if possible , really makes a difference you can feel especially with other exhaust mods

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk