Lichfield Imports DC5

Accord R

Hi!

Just registered an hour ago. (I've got a stock Accord Type R at the moment but want a DC5.)

I see Lichfield Imports do a stripped out DC5 for £12K + VAT. Having only just registered, can anyone tell me if they have got this version of the DC5 from Lichfield and is it 'better' to get this rather than a used 'normal' version from Japan? Would they recommend it?

I want to get the stripped out version and take it to CPL Racing to add a Jackson supercharger. Is CPL any good??

Many thanks!

truffs

welcome :D just like me! had an accord type R until 2 months ago. Thought that was quick until i got my DC5 with Greddy Turbo + extras, kicks out 290bhp at the wheels, now that is ffuuunnn :twisted:

Regarding Litchfield imports. They appear to be a very good company from the persons that i have heard talk about them and are very reputable in the mag market as well. Evo use them alot to supply cars for test days (Before any one says it i know i talk about this mag alot but it is my bible and no i dont work for it!!) .

After reading the last post about GTCulture i am going to be very careful here and please correct me if i am wrong Mr Litchfield. I beleive that they use to import alot of DC5's but this has dropped slightly as when i spoke to him he stated that they have a very strong market with Subarus at the mo espicially their won type 25 which i believe is an import STi with a load of other goodies designed by Litchfields Company. It is even supposed to be better than the new Type 25.

i was going to import my DC5 through him but the only reason why i didn't was due to stumberling across the one i have now by total accident. all my dealings with him have been excellent and so have the comments i have heard off of people.

website for them is :www.litchfieldimports.co.uk and they usually ahve a stock DC5 in the country.

Hope this helps :D

Accord R

truffs said:
welcome :D just like me! had an accord type R until 2 months ago. Thought that was quick until i got my DC5 with Greddy Turbo + extras, kicks out 290bhp at the wheels, now that is ffuuunnn :twisted:

Regarding Litchfield imports. They appear to be a very good company from the persons that i have heard talk about them and are very reputable in the mag market as well. Evo use them alot to supply cars for test days (Before any one says it i know i talk about this mag alot but it is my bible and no i dont work for it!!) .

After reading the last post about GTCulture i am going to be very careful here and please correct me if i am wrong Mr Litchfield. I beleive that they use to import alot of DC5's but this has dropped slightly as when i spoke to him he stated that they have a very strong market with Subarus at the mo espicially their won type 25 which i believe is an import STi with a load of other goodies designed by Litchfields Company. It is even supposed to be better than the new Type 25.

i was going to import my DC5 through him but the only reason why i didn't was due to stumberling across the one i have now by total accident. all my dealings with him have been excellent and so have the comments i have heard off of people.

website for them is :www.litchfieldimports.co.uk and they usually ahve a stock DC5 in the country.

Hope this helps :D[/quote

Thx for this!

The race version sounds tempting because I don't want air-con, carpets and the rest of the stuff. I want a raw and light car to begin with - otherwise I would have modded the Accord.

Anyway, I was thinking about supercharging it but as you have slapped a turbo on it, which company did you get to do this and would you recommend them? And do you have any torque and 1/4 mile stats?

Also, if you don't mind me asking(!), how much did it set you back?

Cheers.

corbie

Advanced Member
if you are looking for a supercharged one see Here

it does the 1/4 in 12.819 @ 113.6 mph and fastest trap 113.44 mph :twisted:

You could always strip it out yourself and would be easier to sell in the future as you could return it to standard :idea:

Accord R

corbie said:
if you are looking for a supercharged one see Here

it does the 1/4 in 12.819 @ 113.6 mph and fastest trap 113.44 mph :twisted:

You could always strip it out yourself and would be easier to sell in the future as you could return it to standard :idea:
The stripped out racing version from Lichfields is 15-16K new but a used normal from Japan 1-2 yr old will be 17K. So I'd be paying for a used car with goodies I don't want!

Also, I'd prefer to add my own mods which is why I'd only consider a stock DC5 secondhand really.

truffs

Just read my last post, what a muppet! i meant better than the WR1!!!

Mine was already done for me, very luck really as it was only put in 5K ago which is approx 3000mile so it had just been run in for me.

The total of the reciepts comes to around £6000 and its all GREDDY kit. My car was the first DC5 that they had fitted a turbo to so everything is Greddy from the pipework to the exhaust system and was actually fitted by GREDDY in Japan. It also has an Greddy engine manaqgement system, uprated injectors, re-inforced racing clutch and Greddy Boost, Oil temp and water guages :D All the suspension settings etc were then set up by Yokohoma in JAPAN so i landed on my feet really.

I have tracked it once so far at Silverstone and outpaced an Evo6, WRX Sti and Audi S2 so its bloody fast and handles very sweetly :D

My importer states that in Japan they dynoed it at 290Bhp and top end of 170mph with a 0-62mph sprint time of 4.5secs. The last figure i am a little sceptical about as i would probably say in the 5's. :twisted:

i am hopefully going to attend Santa Pod in October so i shall be able to find out the 1/4 mile sprint.

Price for all this: 2001 plate, 13000miles, with the extras and the Truss lower lip - £17500!

Yes i would recommend them but looking at the Greddy prices they are not cheap so i am sitting here with crossed fingers that nothing goes pop for a while....... now check oil, weekly, can't thrash it yet as the oil is still cold .....

Hope this helps

T666YPR

I feel sorry for your motor if it has to wear a "Truss" :shock:

I "Trust" you meant a different item of a more 'aero' nature :wink:

truffs

ha ha ha i am still get used to all these names as my last car was a bog standard Type R accord :oops: :oops:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Accord R

Welcome to the board

I bought my car from Iain and he is a top broke..

Now as for the Racing DC5 .. one thing you better be aware of is getting it SVA'd is a Biiiitch ...

Check with Iain as he had a really hard time trying to get one SVA for road use before and in the end they gave up and sold it for track use only..

UW

Accord R

Unnamed_warrior said:
Accord R

Welcome to the board

I bought my car from Iain and he is a top broke..

Now as for the Racing DC5 .. one thing you better be aware of is getting it SVA'd is a Biiiitch ...

Check with Iain as he had a really hard time trying to get one SVA for road use before and in the end they gave up and sold it for track use only..

UW
Thx for the info. But from reading CAR mag, the DC5 (and possibly the Civic) Type R is to be axed anyway, so I think I might have to look at a used Evo or STI for my kicks...

hannan

Hi gents and ladies (if there are any here). Iain Lichfield is an excellent bloke, deal with him regularly. My DC5 was sourced through him and he only buys the good stuff and not the crap, you may pay a small premium but you will get a car with low mileage and very good spec and condition.
I have been told by Honda Research and Development that the K20A Type-R engine is good for 280BHP before you have to carry out extra strengthening work!!! They recommend Mugen components. As for the Integra Type-R DC5 I hear it's days may be numbered, Honda Japan will make a decision in 2006 for the DC5 as in 2006 3 door Civics may not be made at all, instead Honda will have another product to offer. So maybe from 2007 there will be an Integra replacement as the car will have come to the end of it's life. In japan at the moment Integra Type-R new is always out of stock and Civic Type-R for Japan is made in small numbers at Swindon for the Japanese. A source from the factory in Swindon has told me that the 2006 Civic is already at the factory in Swindon under lock and key with a 24hour security guard, only a handfull of people have seen it in it's "Sporting" form and it looks the biz with S2K style exhausts on the back with a 2.4 engine pumping out 260BHP. The 2006 civic will be a complete overhaul and Honda Japan are thinking of reviving the cult Prelude (may in coupe cabrio form), with V6 engines etc. I reckon that will make the DC5 in the UK a cult classic!!! Watch this space people!!!! :D