Loosing the Back End

Chuck Rusty

Checked my front suspension and steering rack today and it was OK, I did this because the car steering seemed a little different on the drive home form work. It started raining so I never checked the back. Went out just now and every time I was going around the rounabout the back wanted to jump out. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same with a broken spring. Just hoping it isnt anything more serious.

If it is the springs I guess give Dave at Honda a call, will need to search for his No. on the site. Question is though, should I just get standard springs to replace them or make use of this opportunity to get some good springs?

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

jonster

Advanced Member
I've only had the back out on the track in the wet when I've been pushing the car. Each time it was quite controllable. I did find it helps to check your rear tyre pressure is not too high. Some tyres are obviously better than others too.

The only other obvious thought is to try and not brake on the bend which will cause the back to go light.

You might want to check that your sway bar drop-link hasn't broken too. This has happend to me and someone else on the forum, but it didn't make the car feel significantly different to me on the road.

Jon

Chuck Rusty

Cheers Jon, sway bar is another thing to check that I didnt think of.

I should have added that I wasnt pushing the car hard, nice leisurely pace and not braking round the roundabout.

It was raining but the car shouldnt act like it did several times

corbie

Advanced Member
Andy
the RE040 you have on the car are a bloody nightmare in the wet I had the back end step out twice on me with them both times driving normally in a 30 doing

jonster

Advanced Member
Now I see. I had RE040's on mine from new and found them hopeless in the wet too. I had more of a problem putting the power down at the front rather than a loose rear. They are a brilliant tyre for the track in the dry though. I haven't come across better road tyre with as strong side wall or wearing properties on the track.

Bung some GoodYear F1's or Toyo Proxes on all round and you'll be sorted.

Jon

ps2london

Advanced Member
heh!!! are u guy using worn RE040 at wet? only joking :D

i used RE040(enough thread :p)at Donginton and Cadwell Park in wet, i thought they were fine, just lower the tyre's pressure. Goodyear and Toyo are good at wet by their pattern also they are in softer compound.

why so much moment at wet?
becuase all the bad driving habbits will all stand out very very very sharply in the wet, turning propressivly, adding more lock while accelerating and suddenly lift off the gas or brakes locked. To avid them, do everything gently, feed the power and brakes, and Deal With It :xfinger:

this guy using RE040 at Rockingham: LOL

Chuck Rusty

Cars lower at the back right, gonna get under after work before I die going home on the dual carriageway

jonster

Advanced Member
Nice drifting Franz. I've not seen this video before. I bet you wouldn't try that with your half-slicks :)

Chuck Rusty

Right,

Problem sorted and I am very very embrassed :oops:

Rain stopped this afternoon and looked at the car when I got home, saw the problem straight away, slow puncture and to be sure to be sure, there it was a self tapping screw.

Feel like a twit now, but I'm happy it aint something else :D

:lol: :lol:

corbie

Advanced Member
At least it wasn't your suspension :D

get a pair of Toyo T1R is what I would go for better than the F1 more steering feel, better in the dry, F1 is slightly better in the wet though.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
when mine stepped out on me it was in the wet but put it down to bad tyres, now that the toyos are on the difference is night and day :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
I got the back end to slip out on mine whilst going round a corner in the dry, also wearing RE040's.

Could have been me going round the corner to quickly but i doubt it

Think ill be switching to Yoko's next time round

dan the man

Advanced Member
friend with a ctr put toyos on his and hates them, ok better traction wet AND dry but soft..jeez he said it feels like turn in is an hour later and when on the back it feels like it moves about..bridgestones much more direct and just slow down in the wet no..?

i know what ill be picking..the re010s on my dc2 are the same, went back to them and i love em when warmed! :!:

dan 8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
:xhuh:
just giving my oppinion dude :wink:

all feedback is good non :?:

happy to hear you had a screw loose anyway :lol:

something i dont do enough, thoroughly check my tyres before a mad blast. :roll:

DTM