Lots of white smoke

linzi94

Advanced Member
yesterday morning when i started me teg up to go to work, i was greeted with a burbling/knocking sound and lots of thick white smoke exiting via exhaust!

unable to locate where the noise was coming from i switched it off and phoned my favourite honda mechanic. the car had been sitting outside all night - its usually in the garage - and had been subjected to monsoon season conditions.

the diagnosis given was that it had simply been too cold and damp for a length of time. it seems my teg mybe more acustomed to higher climates lol!

the car is running fine now, no smoke, no noise, plenty vtec.

ah well, it has a whole scottish winter ahead of it, this should be interesting!

fonz600

Advanced Member
Yeah it is normal, unless u have a blown head gasket but you'd see the white smoke all the time while driving and your water level would drop.

U get a build up of condensation and water usually the result of hot exhaust cooling in a cold climate then getting hot again when u start it next day. The cold air and hot exhaust gases also add to the white smoke look

Yambo

Advanced Member
I had a Head Gasket go on a 205 GTI!! NICE!!

Smoke and clouds everywhere!!

linzi94

Advanced Member
one of my mates head gasket went on his rover (yes i know they are famous for it) while we were driving along, lots of white smoke from under the bonnet aswell as out the back lol! not to mention the custardy gunge in places where it shouldnt be!

my car has been absolutely fine now :D