Lowering springs and FRSU

itrdc5mfk

Apologies if this has been discussed before but search function isn't working for me atm.

Looking at dropping my 'teg slightly and have read Eibach are more favourable than Twin S Springs.

Has anyone tried both and what were your experiences with them?

Also, does a FRSU need to be done once it has been dropped?

TIA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Apologies if this has been discussed before but search function isn't working for me atm.

Looking at dropping my 'teg slightly and have read Eibach are more favourable than Twin S Springs.

Has anyone tried both and what were your experiences with them?

Also, does a FRSU need to be done once it has been dropped?

TIA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I am sure Andy commented on my post below about the Eibach Springs, never heard of Twin S Springs (did you mean Tein)? If so some have used them and I don't think there is much in it to be honest.

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/49336-suspension-reviews/

There technically isn't a FRSU in reality. All it is is a slightly more aggressive geo but to gain this you will need rear adjustable camber arms and front camber bolts if you are using OEM dampers or even the 15mm shorted Mugen Showa Dampers.

Have a read of my post and it may help a little as I ran a Spoon Mugen setup myself for a period of time on and off the road

With regards to a geo depending on your needs form the car you're better off with a neutral toe front and rear and utilising the camber gained by the spring drop (unless you want to add the additional parts mentioned above mate)

Carl

lewis87

Advanced Member
If you mean TEIN S spec, then that‘s what I have on my car. Ride is no worse than standard springs and the cars sits nice without the too low at the back look of Eibach.

The car will drive much better if you get an alignment after, you will need camber bolts on the front and camber arms on the rear to get a little bit of camber.