Meguiars 2 step headlight restoration kit review

Ricky11

The Meguiars 2 step headlight restoration kit......

Iv had this kit at home for over 1 year now so I thought id attempt to see if it actually does anything. You can find it in halford for around £20 and its aimed for people who don't have a polish machine and result to an old fashioned hand job to restore their headlights, so out of pure interest lets see if its a waist of time or £20 well spent......

So the kit consists of:
2x pads - no marking on them and they both feel the same
1x cleaning compound
1x magic cleaning spray

Now the kit has literally zero instructions theres abit on the packaging saying "Step 1 clean" "Step 2 coat" and thats it. Nothing on the back, nothing on the bottle. Its pretty straight forwards but misleading and makes you think twice what to do next as you'll see.

Took a picture of my headlights before, there hazy and really do need cleaning.

First up put some compound on one of the disks and work them into the lights, mix of up and down, left to right, circle motion the lot. For this I just done one headlight to see what the result was.

Once done this is where the no instructions come in, the next step is to just spray the headlight with "perfect clarity" and somehow by magic this cleans all the compound off and the headlights back to OEM brand spanking new, so I did..... And it didn't do anything.... xrofl

So I got a cloth and wiped all the compound off and then sprayed it again with the "perfect clarity". And you know what it actually has done something, you can see the difference its made compared to the other headlight.

I Done the same to the other headlight and this is the result

Before and after:

The result is its actually done something and a few mates have pointed out my headlights look better without even telling them, so its a noticeable difference from what it once was xthumbup Iv got more of the compound left in the bottle and I might go over them again to clean it up a tad more. For the sake of 20mins it took me to do this I think its done reasonably well.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Nice. I used the one that comes with the drill adaptor on my old accord and wasn't too impressed. This look decent though.

Ricky11

Crackfox said:
Nice. I used the one that comes with the drill adaptor on my old accord and wasn't too impressed. This look decent though.
Thanks man! not bad for a 20min job.

It really needs a machine polish to really bring them back to life but I'm happy with them so far xthumbup