Meister CRD/ Meister Clubrace ?

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Morning. I’m buying a new set of coilovers. what is the main difference between them. Is it worth the little extra for the clubrace ?

It’s mainly going to be used in road with occasional track use. The clubrace rear spring rate are 16kg rear and front 9kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Morning. I’m buying a new set of coilovers. what is the main difference between them. Is it worth the little extra for the clubrace ?

It’s mainly going to be used in road with occasional track use. The clubrace rear spring rate are 16kg rear and front 9kg

The spring rates you mention would be more track focussed. For reference the Civic cup cars and track spec Yellow speeds run 8kg front and 16kg rear. For a more road focussed car I would not be using that setup. For reference the Bilstein PSS9 B16's run a front spring rate of 10.70 and a rear of 12.75 and they felt amazing on both road and track.

Personally for a more road and occasional track used car I would be looking at the Bilsteins, yes they are more expensive but they are 100 times better quality, I have put a lot of detail around these in my suspension review thread, their only downside is the lack of camber adjustability, but for the road you wont be wanting to run that much (or close to what I was needing).

20Drift

Members
Staff member
I’ve put the stronger 16KG rear springs in my YellowSpeed’s and they’re a bit hard for road use. I should’ve gone for 12-14KG’s I think, but it’s not unliveable. You only really notice it when you go over blanket speed bumps or a patchwork tarmac road

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
The spring rates you mention would be more track focussed. For reference the Civic cup cars and track spec Yellow speeds run 8kg front and 16kg rear. For a more road focussed car I would not be using that setup. For reference the Bilstein PSS9 B16's run a front spring rate of 10.70 and a rear of 12.75 and they felt amazing on both road and track.

Personally for a more road and occasional track used car I would be looking at the Bilsteins, yes they are more expensive but they are 100 times better quality, I have put a lot of detail around these in my suspension review thread, their only downside is the lack of camber adjustability, but for the road you wont be wanting to run that much (or close to what I was needing).
Bilstein meant to be very good but atm I can only stretch to Meister r coilovers. If a second hand set of Bilstein came up I’d snap it up.