Merc Racing JRSC auto tensioner belt

Endi

Hi guys,

I have currently have a JRSC set up with the merc racing OEM auto tensioner bracket. I have a belt that is fine on load but i think it is too long as the tensioner is topping out when at idle. Rattling the tensioner when pulling away.

I believe SC pulley size is 3.6 inch. The rest is standard. Air con pump still in place.

I was just wondering if anyone could share what belts they are using and if they had similar problems.

This is what is currently fitted:

Thanks,

Matt

I've not got a super charger but did have a similar issue with the tensioner. It was down to the belt length. Have a look where the arrow is on the tensioner in relation to the two raised markings. The arrow was way off from the marks on mine. In my case the belt was too long, once I'd fitted the correct length the arrow lined up with the raised marks. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endi

Thanks random jibersih,

Yes sounds similar. I think ill take the belt off and take it somewhere to compare lengths. Maybe I can get a slightly shorter one. (2050?) and hope it will fit.

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
I've jus made an order for the merc racing auto tensioner and will be looking to change the pulley as I've got a 3.5 one atm ...... what are people using as I was looking to get a 3.2 one and where have you guys got it from ?

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
My set up

Merc racing bracket with auto tensioner
Ac still installed
Smaller PS pulley
K20a2 crank pulley
3.2" SC pulley
Jrsc AC Spacers
Jrsc Alternator spacers

Belt 7pk2060 (and it is mega tight to get on, auto tensioner maxed out to get it on) soon streches the belt a few mm anyway

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
Ps

Please sell me your arc hard pipe :)

Also, im working on a solution to the powersteering hose and clamp hitting the bonnet issue,

Using a genuine honda part, slightly modded. Details to follow later this week

Endi

Thanks for the reply's. After trying a 7PK2035 and failing i settled with a 7PK2050 and the auto tensioner is perfect when running now. Lined up nicely.

Interested in the power steering solution Lewis.mac, I have just put in a low profile bolt but still just touches the bonnet.

PS hard pipe is staying right here ;)