Michelin Ps4 vs RE070

DC5Joe1

Hi all,
Im very new to dc5 ownership, and want to start by putting new tires on!
Car isnt used on track, just fast/dry road use.
Whats best in peoples opinion?
Michelin Ps4 or Bridgestone RE070

Ep3-r

RE070 are now discontinued I believe, but are a very good summer/ dry weather road tyre, and OK in the wet but not great. I don't know about PS4's but I've heard they are a very good all rounder, it's probably what I will go for next or maybe PS5.

DC5RS

DC5
RE070 are now discontinued I believe, but are a very good summer/ dry weather road tyre, and OK in the wet but not great. I don't know about PS4's but I've heard they are a very good all rounder, it's probably what I will go for next or maybe PS5.
Yep they discontinued unfortunately, got one of the last sets before they went off. I heard good things about the PS4, you cant go wrong with them for sure. As far as the RE070 i feel they need some warming up before.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I’ve always put RE070 on the DC5, never had any issues driving fast on road or track.
Now they gone I’ll be going to PS4 when the Bridgestone’s are done, probably after Croft in June!

Mebz

Advanced Member
I’ve always put RE070 on the DC5, never had any issues driving fast on road or track.
Now they gone I’ll be going to PS4 when the Bridgestone’s are done, probably after Croft in June!
What date you at croft? I'm there on the 8th of June.

Goatwidcoat

I'm possibly there on 8th June too. Will be first time there but not booked it yet. Looking to go with my mate who has a Euro R and a supercharged S2000. Unsure which one he is planning on taking. Regarding tyres - PS4 for the road. A slightly cheaper alternative which gets you 95% of the performance in my opinion are the Goodyear Eagle F1.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
Expanding on this thread post track day! Now with a completely dead set of RE070
There is currently an offer on black circles for 15% off PS4 tyres. However it’s only in XL ‘reinforced’ spec.

Anyone used the XL type? Does it matter.

I get they have stronger side walls but it’s it going to be an unbearable ride in a car of the DC5s weight?

LeeH

Advanced Member
I have the XL PS4S on the A45. The side walls are stiff but no more than the 70’s were on the DC5.

Personally I would stick with the 70’s, they looked and felt brilliant on the stock wheels.

You cannot go wrong whichever you choose, both are brilliant tyres.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I have the XL PS4S on the A45. The side walls are stiff but no more than the 70’s were on the DC5.

Personally I would stick with the 70’s, they looked and felt brilliant on the stock wheels.

You cannot go wrong whichever you choose, both are brilliant tyres.
thanks! The RE070 are discontinued now, so the PS4 are the ones I’m going for.
Think I’ll just take a punt on XL with the discount it’s about £80 cheaper than the 91 load PS4 tyres!

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
All came good, I’m glad I waited it out! Black circles had a flash sale with 15% off all Michelin tyres.
so I managed to get the size and load rating (91Y) I wanted
£388 for four tyres fully fitted

LeeH

Advanced Member
Good times. Shame Bridgestone didn’t widely roll them out and for longer. They looked awesome on the rims.