Miller's Nano-Drive

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I highly doubt car manufactures will test brands of oil, just oil grade and use whoever is going to give them the most money.
Really? :lol:

I'm done here.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Really? :lol:

I'm done here.
Seeing as though you know everything? You've come on to the thread and done the old 'My mate told me this'. Your knowledge bemuses me, just how warped discs are a myth.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
An article doesn't prove anything just like the last time you posted it. This was mainly a discussion about 'oil consumption', you're basing your knowledge off of nothing. I'm not getting into it again with you however, this was a mere friendly discussion.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Hey Chris, my mate has just got his PHD and works for Castrol as he is a complete boffin when it comes to the science of oil and says the same thing as your friend states so I can back it up, unless we both have the same friend - Dave with the Focus RS and Fiesta's ??

Elliot438

My car was ran on Millers when I got it. Obviously giving the DC5 a service shortly after buying I decided against using Millers and went with Shell Helix which I used to run in B series engines and was great. I changed the oil soon after buying the Teg but would say mine was also going to use a similar amount on Millers just after topping it up and checking the dipstick another week or so later it was obviously using a fair bit. Not used hardly any on the Shell Helix...

Everyone says how much oil B series use too. My B16a2 used absolutely none after 135k miles and limiter bashing it everywhere.

Liam

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Yeah, I'm being serious, mainly wondering if it is a small world.
I think the guy Chris refers to is called Simon. I've seen the info he posts and he really does know his stuff. One thing I've learned is to check what standards these fabled Millers type oils actually meet versus the more mainstream offerings from Shell, Castrol, Mobil etc. You'll often find the latter are cheaper and meet the same standards, if not exceed them.

Millers NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+
Approx £54 for 5 litres from Opie Oils
"Manufactured to far exceed the requirements of API SM/CF and ACEA A3/B4"
Does that mean it meets these specifications? If it exceeds them, how much better is it and how do you even quantify that to compare it with another oil?

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40
I've had 5 litre bottles of this anywhere from £20-24 each from Carparts4less over the years
"Specifications: API SN/CF; ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4; BMW LL-01; MB approval 229.5, 226.5; VW 502.00/505.00; Porsche A40; Renault RN0700, RN0710; PSA B71 2296, Ferrari. Meets the requirements of Fiat 9.55535-Z2 and Chrysler MS-10725"

Taken from the Mobil website: "The letters next to API, such as SM, refer to the quality level of passenger vehicle motor oil. The current highest available standard is SN. CF is a diesel engine or commercial vehicle standard and the highest current one is CJ-4."
So according to the American Petroleum Institute, the Shell is a "higher quality level" than the Millers and also matches the ACEA A3/B4 standard the Millers claims to exceed.

I am in no way an expert, but if someone can convince me why the Millers is a "better" oil and back it up with some credible data, I will happily listen. Until then I'll stick to my cheap and cheerful Shell Helix 5w40. I change mine every year or every two track days - whatever comes first. :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Thanks chaps. Not sure I should comment anymore in case some expert calls me out. I‘m only trying to help people save money.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
And yet no one has proved anything, nice way of going off topic but hey ho I'm glad we all could keep our egos in place.

Nothing has been proven here, this is one word against another. Ah, 'experts' can't be on about yourself then seeing as most of your knowledge comes from articles on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Liam said:
I think the guy Chris refers to is called Simon. I've seen the info he posts and he really does know his stuff. One thing I've learned is to check what standards these fabled Millers type oils actually meet versus the more mainstream offerings from Shell, Castrol, Mobil etc. You'll often find the latter are cheaper and meet the same standards, if not exceed them.

Millers NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+
Approx £54 for 5 litres from Opie Oils
"Manufactured to far exceed the requirements of API SM/CF and ACEA A3/B4"
Does that mean it meets these specifications? If it exceeds them, how much better is it and how do you even quantify that to compare it with another oil?

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40
I've had 5 litre bottles of this anywhere from £20-24 each from Carparts4less over the years
"Specifications: API SN/CF; ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4; BMW LL-01; MB approval 229.5, 226.5; VW 502.00/505.00; Porsche A40; Renault RN0700, RN0710; PSA B71 2296, Ferrari. Meets the requirements of Fiat 9.55535-Z2 and Chrysler MS-10725"

Taken from the Mobil website: "The letters next to API, such as SM, refer to the quality level of passenger vehicle motor oil. The current highest available standard is SN. CF is a diesel engine or commercial vehicle standard and the highest current one is CJ-4."
So according to the American Petroleum Institute, the Shell is a "higher quality level" than the Millers and also matches the ACEA A3/B4 standard the Millers claims to exceed.

I am in no way an expert, but if someone can convince me why the Millers is a "better" oil and back it up with some credible data, I will happily listen. Until then I'll stick to my cheap and cheerful Shell Helix 5w40. I change mine every year or every two track days - whatever comes first. :)
Very interesting indeed! Good post, will be keeping an eye out in future for that spec stuff.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Halfords will be my next oil I reckon /s

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Same could be said for articles on the internet.

dotty

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
This thread has gotten me in tatters laughing my head off. Love this forum at times.
Well, someone has to :)

It was at its best from 2005 - 2007.. when only a few had them!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Well, someone has to :)

It was at its best from 2005 - 2007.. when only a few had them!
Haha! I think its still one of the better forums out there! If you don't like it why are you still here haha?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
FFS. Why is everything on here a urineing bun fight lately?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Cannot beat a few handbags. Nothing malicious just two girls having a cat fight LOOOL