MOT friendly options to get a little more voice from my exhaust?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I'm sure I'm gonna get slated for this xredfinger Don't judge me :xgrphug:

I have a 5Zigen ProRacer (which I wanna keep) and although on idle the 'burble' it gives off is very soothing, when driving anything under VTEC the car is pretty much silent :xno: No exaggeration.

Now I definitely don't want the chavvy ear deafening 'noise' I had in my old car, but I'd like to at least know when my car is running! xrofl

What options do I have, whilst still keeping the car MOT friendly? xthumbup

brucey87

Advanced Member
Noisy exhaust is only an advisory anyway, so as long as you keep the cat on then you should be mot friendly. Theres an exhaust sound catalogue on youtube that will give you an idea on how different exhausts sound.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have a 5Zigen miracle fireball back box coupled to a Spoon b-pipe. Nice burble as you say but a nice humm on idle. Was DB rated at 110db @ 3k revs though!

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Sorry yea I'll edit the OP, I wanna keep the exhaust that's on as I really like the look of it and how it fits perfectly into the First Mold rear diffuser, and also the blue/burnt tip.

I'd honestly be surprised if mine reaches 90db @ 3k RPM (pure guess, lol)

Mark_teg

Staff member
If you want to keep the Cat. how about changing the 4-2 section before it? J's and Spoon make them, not sure how much extra noise this would create..

Another option would be to remove a silencer (from the b-pipe?)..

brucey87

Advanced Member
Straight through b-pipe will make it alot louder! Louder than using a decat mani. Was for me anyway.

Apple

Advanced Member
Yeah it is loud.. But it sounds awsome. Makes it sounds a little bubbly.. Do it

Apple

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Yea my bro has just recommended the same thing regarding the B-Pipe, might try that
Do it man.. U got the fat body kit whiles get the fat exhaust sound to suit the car ;-)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Just so I don't get ripped off, IF I did go for a straight through B-Pipe (?), how much am I looking to be quoted?

What's persuaded me the most is:

Apple said:
Yeah it is loud.. But it sounds awsome. Makes it sounds a little bubbly.. Do it
I love a burble/bubbley exhaust, 'raspy' exhausts aren't for me.. no offence to anyone that has one! They just aren't for me.

Also will it hamper the car's performance at all?

Mark_teg

Staff member
I'd say £220 max for a fabricated b-pipe.<br />Performance will be fine, maybe beneficial due to more free-flowing.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Liam keep an eye out on the ctroc you get a few b-pipes for sale come up on there....