Moving from a jdm dc2 to.........? what next?

Rom

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
I've had my DC 5 five years. Had a DC 2 before that for six years. I'm known locally as the silver haired boy racer. Coming up 72 later this year. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Surprised you havent popped a hip getting in and out :p

Granty1056

Advanced Member
They're made of metal. Bit stronger than you're ordinary ones.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

PeteMTBer

The DC5 only weighs 80kg more than a JDM '98 spec DC2. I think this is usually forgotten.

Dc5 has 183.9 bhp per tonne whereas the
Dc2 has 179.1 bhp per tonne

and then there's the extra torque.

Rom

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
They're made of metal. Bit stronger than you're ordinary ones.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Ha, fair play. My nans had 3 now I think. Only just got her out of a manual!

moodyedge

Advanced Member
They seem to tick a lot of boxes so if I do change cars its likely to be to a 5. Reason I want one with mods is because my dc2 is standard and I want a modded car for a change.

Never driven one and Id probably have to travel a long way to do so

Mebz

Advanced Member
moodyedge said:
They seem to tick a lot of boxes so if I do change cars its likely to be to a 5. Reason I want one with mods is because my dc2 is standard and I want a modded car for a change.

Never driven one and Id probably have to travel a long way to do so
Where in Cumbria are you from?

I spent a bit of time up there due to work. If the sun's out, I sometimes take the DC5. If your close, feel free to have a look around.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Where in Cumbria are you from?
I spent a bit of time up there due to work. If the sun's out, I sometimes take the DC5. If your close, feel free to have a look around.
Hello,

Im in workington. I do like a black dc5......Ive only seen a white one and a blue one a long time ago. My dc2 sticks out like a sore thumb round here because there arent any that I know of, which is a good thing

Where do you work up here???
Cheers for that...id be very interested to check one out. I get my 2 back on friday, its in being polished. Took it down today and I forgot how great champ white looks on a sunny day.

Mebz

Advanced Member
moodyedge said:
Hello,

Im in workington. I do like a black dc5......Ive only seen a white one and a blue one a long time ago. My dc2 sticks out like a sore thumb round here because there arent any that I know of, which is a good thing

Where do you work up here???
Cheers for that...id be very interested to check one out. I get my 2 back on friday, its in being polished. Took it down today and I forgot how great champ white looks on a sunny day.
Workington eh, I've stayed in the Washington Central a few times due to work but it's been a while.

Majority of the time when I'm up, I stay in Seascale which is a bit of a trek from Workington. I do have something in September in ennerdale though.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
I could easy head that way if you were around one time...furthest my car goes is a few mile a day...unless I go to see the girlfriend which is in derbyshire

Mebz

Advanced Member
moodyedge said:
I could easy head that way if you were around one time...furthest my car goes is a few mile a day...unless I go to see the girlfriend which is in derbyshire
Next time I'm up in the dc5 I'll let you know.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Next time I'm up in the dc5 I'll let you know.
Cheers.

Ironic but I saw a white 5 last night heading towards Keswick..then the same car again in the opposite direction 3 hours later in workington.....thats too many dc5s!!!

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Looks like I will be selling the dc2 so if theres good black dc5 coming up for sale in the next 3 or 4 months....Id be interested.