Mugen bonnet and vented bonnets

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Hi guys got a genuine mugen bonnet to go on my car just needs spraying in my cars colour. Anyway, is really nervous about putting it on as we have such shite weather here in South Wales. Does anyone have any issues running one as a daily!? Don't want water getting in my engine bay and rusting the shit out of it. What's people's thoughts an experiences with vented bonnets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
I've got buddyclub one but I'm waiting for the weather to clear up before I get it painted and fitted on as mine doesn't have any tunnels for to water to escape out of

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Iv got a shift sports one and yeah tbh in this weather stuff that's unpainted/unprotected rusts up pretty quick. It's got a tray but that's just fills up with water,

Two things I would say check where it will drip through and just make sure there's no bare metal even if you just coat it in a basic paint it will stop it from Rusting for now. If you drive it daily then even if it rains it dry up pretty quick.

Or check out Chewy's build thread on here he made some underbonnet vents to divert the water away.

My cars covered up atm so it's alright but I have a sheet of plastic to cover over the vent for days I'm not driving it and it's wet weather.

Fez

Advanced Member
I got a buddyclub on mine, that comes with a plate to block the vent off. I have left it off many times when its rained and its been fine.

But sods law, when i take the cover off it rains, if i leave it on we get nice weather lol.

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
The vents on the mugen bonnet are pretty big but I think it looks awesome especially having the rest of the mugen kit. I may just keep it for the nice weather and use my standard on for the winter :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamamuk

Advanced Member
No issues for me

The large vents drain the water down between the inlet manifold and the slam panel and the scoop just has the bulkhead the other side.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Just road salt and other muck you have to worry about with having the large vents! It doesn't take long for my engine bay to get dirty after a clean up.