Mugen Front Tower Bar

T666YPR

Having a spot of bother with the instructions:

http://gallery107512.fotopic.net/p12482538.html

Instructions are in Japanese,so I scanned into OCR using Japanese,then translated using Google.

"> that -, the 儲 is not attached to the painted surface such as fender, note. Removal of genuine part? Connection of the washer tube of bonnet reverse side is removed, the チュープ is removed from the clip and the hook. In order not to do damage to the EE bonnet and the like, work. The clip rim - using the pas, } and the like you remove the clip. The hook is removed, the bonnet insulator is removed. ゅ | Group 叩 bonnet insulator hook hook washer tube hook E unlimited tower per installation? The sticker which belongs on the per center is pasted. Tsune lj before the Mori once wealth one extreme Y I body? The damper installation nut of damper top is removed. As in the unlimited tower per figure you install, tighten with the damper installation nut. Torque 44n-m { 4.5kzf-ml? You verify that it is not interference of the other part and that it is installed securely. Circular Jh"

(I'll try and get the pics up too)

Seems I've got to move the washer pipes and clips and something about the damper upper mount :?

Anyone fitted one of these themselves?

jonster

Advanced Member
Is a tower bar the same as strut brace? I fitted my Mugen one without problems and no fiddling about with washer pipes. Strange????

I got rid of it when I fitted the GruppeM. Didn't quite clear I felt no difference with or without it. Looks quite bling though :)

Jon

T666YPR

Dixon,I've already got it,so I'm trying to fit it at mo.

It's this one:
(sorry king motorsport)

Is this the same as you fitted Jon?
The instructions that came with it make a big thing about moving the clips etc.
Not sure about undoing the suspension top nut,could I muck up my settings if I slip up?(Aside from the effects of the bar itself)

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Simon,

The top mounts don't move. Just make sure you are on a flat surface to be sure. It's as simple as it looks to fit. I was more worried about over torquing the nuts than anything else. I didn't have a torque wrench at the time. I fitted it Mark's when I sold it to him. Very straight forward. I wouldn't worry about the washer jets.

Cheers,

Jon

T666YPR

Thanks Jon,

I'll have a fettle tomorrow.

Anything about the "paintwork" to watch out for,as Japlished
("> that -, the 儲 is not
attached to the painted surface such as fender, note.") in the first post?

Would this refer to the sticker perhaps,as in - don't put it on the paintwork.

Simon

jonster

Advanced Member
I seem to remember it does munge the paintwork a bit. I don't see how you can avoid this because it's metal against metal. I thought about rubber washers but then I thought the top mounts need to be secure so I decided against it. I painted where it left scratches after removal. I'm not sure what to suggest really.

Jon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
If you look at the brace carefully, you will found there are 2 more mounts to attach to the rear bit of the Chassis.

I believe 4 points brace are always stronger than 2 points brace, dunno if I am wrong.

I had one on my DC2, and I can see the improvement of the handling compare to my Spoon front brace I had before. Dunno about the Mugen brace but Mugen and Spoon are both 2 points brace so I would assume the Carbing 4 points will work better than Mugen.

IIRC CARBING is the only one made 4 point brace for DC5.

Cheers,

Dixon

T666YPR

Fitting,done and dusted 8)

Tested fitment without removing the items in the instructions and the washer hose clip sat on the bar.
Removed the sound insulation and the washer hose clip and simply crimped the bonnet /hose holding clips a little tighter and it fits fine :D

Put thin polythene washers between all six nuts & bolts,so the paint won't chip and the fitting is still very tight and stable.

Quick test drive:There is a suble difference to the feel of the car in it's favour,but it's not detrimental to the handling 8)

Simon

jonster

Advanced Member
Looking good mate.

I forgot to mention I found the circular sections of the strut that go over the top mounts also scratch the paintwork. I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Respect for the carbon weight saving bits :) You are officially more sad than me :)

Jon

T666YPR

Hopefully the polythene washers will stop any major paint scratching.

One ounce here,couple of grams there,you know how it goes Jon :lol:

Simon