Mugen header with sports cat

andrewv4

Hey people, I'm after a bit of advice on an exhaust system. I have seen on RHDjapan for £1200 the Mugen sports header with catalytic converter and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had one? Are they worth the money or would my money be better spent buying a tegiwa exhaust manifold header and buy a 400cel cat? I am looking to get the car mapped in august and i am slowly starting to add parts to the car now. I have bought and fitted an ARC induction box so far (sounds fantastic) and in the process of buying an rrc manifold.

andrewv4

I should also mention i want to keep the cat as working on the car on a gravel drive way is a pain

darkhawk

Advanced Member
I had the Mugen header and cat for my ep3 great bit of kit and worked well

No better than the Tegiwa one or any other decent after market one tho especially for the cost differance,

Looks like a piece of art tho and uber jdm goodness

mike.williams

Advanced Member
marshall p has one for sale soon with a mugen twinloop for£1500 if your going to spend that much

last time i checked a brand new mugen header was near £3k

poeter

Bought and installed a used mugen header recently. Paid $900 AUD (came with twinloop as well)

It was a shame the cat had a hole some where and was leaking exhaust. So had cut it and replaced it with another 200 cell cat.

The only reason I find it was so expensive brand new was because of the cat and its precious metals. If it was just the headers alone, it would had been similar price of DC2 and S2000 mugen headers.

Russty

Would it possible to buy a dc sports for arguments sake and have a 200 cell cat welded in ? Or I'm sure solid fab have made up performance manifolds with sports cats on the ctro forum

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I'm sure there's plenty of garages that will weld a cat in for you, my local performance garage offered to do exactly that, until I discovered they were very friendly come MOT time.

mtailor

Russty said:
Would it possible to buy a dc sports for arguments sake and have a 200 cell cat welded in ? Or I'm sure solid fab have made up performance manifolds with sports cats on the ctro forum
We have a group buy on the CTRO forum for a DC5/EP3 manifold and sports cats.
Don't forget, these will be similar to the ones used by TGM in their race cars, but with a cat. Solid Fabrication make Toms race cars full systems.

andrewv4

I think i am going to go for the cheaper option and get the cat welded onto a buddyclub manifold. I shall repost in the summer after everything is fitted and mapped and let you know how i got on.