Mugen intake, help

katsumoto

hey peeps,
thinking of going for the Mugen air intake.
Has anyone got one fitted , what are the pros/cons gains etc.
Was thinking about the gruppe but i`m not sure about the whole bonnet thing.
cheers
don :?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
From my experience, the Mugen Box will work best if you have the 'Mugen' style front bumper, without a bit pointless.

Mike

jonster

Advanced Member
A 5Zigen ram-air might do the trick for cheaper too. T666YPR and PS2London use them.

Jon

Splink

Advanced Member
jonster, how is your toda header? I am thinking about going down the toda route.

Also have you tried the full toda items for exhaust system or is it only the header you have tried?

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Splink,

I've only just got the TODA race header. It's an awesome improvement over stock. I thought originally I would get away with a the stock 4-2 header combined with a Spoon 2-1 cat by-pass mapped for my car. How wrong I was. With the TODA mapped I've gained huge amounts of mid-range torque and a good dose of power. See the gallery for my dyno images.

I don't know about any other TODA exhaust parts. It would be nice to have some TODA cams, but they are pretty expensive. I've got more than enough power from just adding the header to keep me happy for the moment. I'm going to wait for individual throttle bodies to evolve before doing anything else.

The other thing I've been trying to balance is noise. I was borderline at Goodwood on drive by on my last track day (before I had the TODA). Now that it's fitted it feels slightly quieter than my setup I hade before, which is a bonus.

If I was starting from scratch I would definately do the same intake and exhaust mods I've got now, again.

Can't wait for the next track day :)

Jon

Splink

Advanced Member
hehe cool,

dont suppose you can tell me where you got it from ? I have mailed toda in the US and they have not got back to me yet with a disty which ships to the uk.

T666YPR

5Zigen air intake works well with the Mugen box (Franz has this combo) and no need for the Mugen bumper.

Another way to avoid using the bumper is the Charge Speed grill

Cheaper from Club RSX at the minute while the $ is so low :D