Mugen Showa Dampers anyone?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just spotted these on ebay,

Great setup and if you got the Spoon springs on them the cars stance, feel and feedback is superb both on and off track (as per my review in the link in my signature, thought i'd post up for anyone potentially in the market.

Carl

Lemons

Advanced Member
Just spotted these on ebay,

Great setup and if you got the Spoon springs on them the cars stance, feel and feedback is superb both on and off track (as per my review in the link in my signature, thought i'd post up for anyone potentially in the market.

Carl
I can't help thinking with stuff like this, you would be lucky if they don't fall apart in six months?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I can't help thinking with stuff like this, you would be lucky if they don't fall apart in six months?
Bought mine second hand and fitted new spoon springs and were perfect, no issues and lasted me over 2yrs, then sold them and lasted the next owner until he sold the car. It's always a gamble with any second hand part but the price is great and the suspension better than 90% of the cheaper coilovers

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Yeah, these have been on there for a couple of months now. He won’t take less than current asking price, and doesn’t know how long they’ve been on the vehicle they were removed from. Suspect 90k odd. Probably ok, but for £500 it’s obviously a tricky one for folks to decide vs brand new set of other brand coilovers.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Yeah, these have been on there for a couple of months now. He won’t take less than current asking price, and doesn’t know how long they’ve been on the vehicle they were removed from. Suspect 90k odd. Probably ok, but for £500 it’s obviously a tricky one for folks to decide vs brand new set of other brand coilovers. Plus the chance of finding spares for these is probably limited.

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
I didn't get them refurbed, ended up sticking them on eBay and got about £20 for them
Ah okay. Is it possible to refurb them? I would like to pick up a set but unfortunately there's an element of risk on how long they'll last.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
A refurb will probably cost the same on top as you’ll need the original parts to do a refurb - seals etc. Labour won’t be cheap either.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
As said above, it wouldn't be cheap (if the parts are still avail), mine lasted ages and I sold them on and they carried on as far as I am aware without issues, but buying anything second hand that's mechanical comes with a risk as anything with moving parts, seals etc can fail at any point new or old tbh. I love Mugen showa shocks, a good way would be if any potential buyer could inspect them, before paying imo