My 1/4 mile oops

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi guys
Just thought I'd share some thoughts on my first Teg-on-track day. Went up to Crail on Sunday just gone. Crail is an old air field in Scotland which is used every 2 weeks for drag racing.
Managed 5 runs in the day, and lost every one of the races - lol.
Two runs were against a DC2, one against my mate's FTO (with an Evo engine transplant) and one against my bird's Celica GT4 and one against a Fiat Coupe (I suspect the turbo one). My main problem was lack of traction which was also the case with alot of the FWD cars on the day. Crail's surface was put down in 1939 and get this... has never been re-surfaced since!!! :(
My problem was compounded by me not having any tread on one front tyre and the other being almost the same - need new tyres!
Anyway, excuses aside - appologies to the rest of ya for letting the DC5 side down, I'll try harder next time :)

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
lol yeah yeah, it wasnt this hard when I raced my FTO ;)
Times were in the mid to high 15's - too much wheel spin until 3rd gear - total waste of time really.

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
I have same problem mate, went santa pod first one of year and manged to get 3 runs in most bein high 15s :(

Altho i have excuse that the strip wasnt dry till 1 o'clock ;) and ive nver been down before.

Rob

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Just went out for a blast in the car and managed to get a 14.7 on my GTECH for the 1/4 mile. Managed to get not bad grip too... I think it just shows the kinda state the track at Crail is in :-/

Fitted my Blitz R-VIT to the car as well - nice little gadget and works real well.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
I believe u :shock:

u must have had an off day at crail...wish I could have raced u as it would have been close....not racing u where u got the 14.7 though :roll:

stu..

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
FunkyProduct said:
Just went out for a blast in the car and managed to get a 14.7 on my GTECH for the 1/4 mile. Managed to get not bad grip too... I think it just shows the kinda state the track at Crail is in :-/

Fitted my Blitz R-VIT to the car as well - nice little gadget and works real well.
Question concerning the Blitz R-VIT, does it display the A/F ratio in a numeric value such as 12.5:1 or is it displayed as a voltage reading? I was looking to pick this unit up, to help me tune the V-AFCII as I do not have a dyno to get on.

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
...good question - I'll have to check. Problem is that the instructions are all in Japanese :-/
On-screen it's all in English though = weird! lol

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
FunkyProduct said:
...good question - I'll have to check. Problem is that the instructions are all in Japanese :-/
On-screen it's all in English though = weird! lol
OK, thanks. No real rush, whenever you get the chance. I think I may get the Hondata programmable and sell off the A'pexi. Possibly, still debating it. Since I don't have a dyno to get on, how am I going to tune the programmable? So it could be a waste of $1600 in the long run.

Petrolhead

You should do better than a 14.7.. One of the lads on the UK CTR forum in standard form has achieved a 14.7 or 14.6. Punching out 220psi i reckon your DC5s should be knocking on the door of 14.1 or so