My dc5 restoration

Rhys1991

Hi all 8ADFC454-1D1D-4C21-BF61-FC659C4B91D7.jpegADF0D945-47F7-4538-915F-FA70137BB5B4.jpegBE7EC04A-D8E5-4230-81A7-849D0C1BABFD.jpegADF0D945-47F7-4538-915F-FA70137BB5B4.jpeg, I’m new to the dc5 owners club. I hope all is well in these difficult times.
I’ve just taken ownership of an y reg integra type r which I’m restoring back to original spec. I will update with pictures along the way. I have removed engine, running gear and all other components so far and starting removing all the old under seal .

Attachments

Keodai_53

Welcome!

Good luck with the project, looks like a really clean shell.

(Really jealous of your lift - currently rebuilding mine too but it's much colder and more difficult on a driveway! Need to find the time to start my own thread too...)

Rhys1991

Welcome!

Good luck with the project, looks like a really clean shell.

(Really jealous of your lift - currently rebuilding mine too but it's much colder and more difficult on a driveway! Need to find the time to start my own thread too...)
Thanks it’s a daunting task but it will be worth it in the long run.

Charged

Hey mate,going full bore restoration engine and out and everything!

Nice,Look forward to seeing it progress.

Rhys1991

A small update today.
I got some parts back from powder coating and getting the rest of the parts stripped to be sent away.

Attachments

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Great to see, mine is currently waiting for work to begin on a full shell restoration in a few weeks.

Rhys1991

Another small update. Purchased a blasting cabinet, extractor for removing the corrosion off of the old bolts. Once these are done they will be zinc plated and yellow/gold passivated.

Attachments

Rhys1991

All long day today blasting the underside arches and engine bay, ready for paint .

Hard work but I’m happy with the results.
More updates in the coming weeks.

Attachments

Charged

Omg , the level of restoration! This is a factory nut and bolt rebuild!

Great work and will be worth it in the end dude!

Look forward to to the rebuilding process!

Did you have to cut out?weld anything?

Rhys1991

Omg , the level of restoration! This is a factory nut and bolt rebuild!

Great work and will be worth it in the end dude!

Look forward to to the rebuilding process!

Did you have to cut out?weld anything?
Thanks !!
No I didn’t have to weld anything.
The only bit I’m replacing is the rear number plate bracket as it broke when I was removing it.

immers101

Nice work! I'd love to have the space and time to do this to mine. Keep up with updates.. Following with interest

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk