my DC5 Trackcar, onboard footage of Nords, Spa, Zolder, Zandvoort..

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Take a look at my channel guys, im racing my DC5 on Trackdays.
Last weekend i was the first time at SPA which is an amazing track.

www.youtube.com/c/TuneboyR

Spa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlUt8ND9bKs

Hope to see one of you on the track soon :)

Cheers Mark

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Take a look at my channel guys, im racing my DC5 on Trackdays.
Last weekend i was the first time at SPA which is an amazing track.

www.youtube.com/c/TuneboyR

Spa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlUt8ND9bKs

Hope to see one of you on the track soon :)

Cheers Mark
Where are you based mate? if South then can let you know some of the sessions we do, are you Racing or doing Trackdays as you say "racing my DC5 on Trackdays" and they are very different lol

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Im from the south, near to the border, Aachen. Practically between Nürburgring and Spa :p Yes please - give me a heads up when you do. I did racing at german time attack once. Mostly drive on Trackdays tho :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
Im from the south, near to the border, Aachen. Practically between Nürburgring and Spa :p Yes please - give me a heads up when you do. I did racing at german time attack once. Mostly drive on Trackdays tho :)
Oh wow mate awesome, well next year a few of us are planning to do a Nürburgring and Spa trip (funds dependant) so if we go ahead with it I will deff drop you a message, what's the spec of the car looks and found nice mate

Also what do you use to get all the G-Force, and track data etc how you have it on your videos as I have never managed to master anything apart from a basic video lol...

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Oh wow mate awesome, well next year a few of us are planning to do a Nürburgring and Spa trip (funds dependant) so if we go ahead with it I will deff drop you a message, what's the spec of the car looks and found nice mate

Also what do you use to get all the G-Force, and track data etc how you have it on your videos as I have never managed to master anything apart from a basic video lol...
Sure, looking forward. Might not join on a dedicated Nordschleife trackday, really expensive :xaiweb3: But we'll see - Spa deffo worth it!

For the videos i use the phone app "Harrys lap timer in the petrolhead edition IIRC - its about 20 bucks and will show Gs, time and stuff. I connected the phone with a BLE ODB adapter from ebay to show engine parameter this is also collected by the app. But its a pain in the *** to match the data to the video so i might ditch the engine parameters :)

Car is slightly modified for regular Track-Use. Most common mods:

Engine: Tegiwa Carbon Airbox, Skunk2 MegapowerRR 3" Catback, Doctronic ProECU-K with Basemap, Setrab Oilcooler w/ Filter reloc
Brakes: OEM Brembo Calipers, HEL Braided Lines, Ferodo DS2500, PRB Drilled Discs
Drivetrain: Spoon 5.33 FinalDrive, Mfactory Carbon Synchros, fresh Gears
Suspension: MeisterR CRD+ Fully Adjustable Coilovers, Nankang AR1 235 40 17, Fully Polyurethane ...and several suspension mods (SHG, Hardrace, Buddyclub)
Interiour: Sparco Pro2000 Buckets, Sandtler 6 point Harness, OMP small dish Wheel, Hybrid Racing Shifter, A/C delete, stripped

hope thats it :D

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Sure, looking forward. Might not join on a dedicated Nordschleife trackday, really expensive :xaiweb3: But we'll see - Spa deffo worth it!

For the videos i use the phone app "Harrys lap timer in the petrolhead edition IIRC - its about 20 bucks and will show Gs, time and stuff. I connected the phone with a BLE ODB adapter from ebay to show engine parameter this is also collected by the app. But its a pain in the *** to match the data to the video so i might ditch the engine parameters :)
I will be very cautious of when I go round the Ring tbh as too many idots go nowadays compared to when I was a lot younger, Spa however I am well up for, also thanks very much for the info, I have heard about Harry's LapTimer and so may have to get it, do you ever experience issues with that app and is it on an Iphone or Android? I believe it's non Apple only which would give me another reason to consider another phone lol.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I will be very cautious of when I go round the Ring tbh as too many idots go nowadays compared to when I was a lot younger, Spa however I am well up for, also thanks very much for the info, I have heard about Harry's LapTimer and so may have to get it, do you ever experience issues with that app and is it on an Iphone or Android? I believe it's non Apple only which would give me another reason to consider another phone lol.
I used the app on my android head unit as it has an external gps which tend to be slightly more accurate

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
I used the app on my android head unit as it has an external gps which tend to be slightly more accurate
That was going to be my next question which you have kindly answered already as my headunit is 100% again (the issues with the Torque App not working etc was a bug in the firmware which I have now updated and all works again), so based on this I assume I can buy the app and install on the stereo and job done? Does it just need GPS from the headunit or data from a phone to run ?

Thanks

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
That was going to be my next question which you have kindly answered already as my headunit is 100% again (the issues with the Torque App not working etc was a bug in the firmware which I have now updated and all works again), so based on this I assume I can buy the app and install on the stereo and job done? Does it just need GPS from the headunit or data from a phone to run ?

Thanks
It need hotspotting from the phone to upload the map data then Im sure it just used the GPS. Annoying thing is it loses the setup every time you switch the car off