My future ICE Install

gonzo

Advanced Member
Well the DC5 is my New Year Present, thought i'd best get myself something for Christmas....

Unsure on a headunit yet....I'd like the Pioneer DVD Satnav unit but struggling to justify £1300 on one!!

Front Speakers

Infinity 65.5cs Kappa Component Kit

Rear Speakers

Infinity 62.5i Kappa Coaxial

4 Channel Amp for speakers

Infinity 7540A 520 Watt 4-channel Power Amplifier

2 Channel Amp for Sub

Infinity 7520A 260 Watt 2-channel Power Amplifier

Sub

Infinity 1230W Subwoofer

Not bad for £550!! Gotta buy some dynomat to cover the doors in!

Will hopefully be making a grp sub box to fit snugly into the boot - http://performance.clubrsx.com/fiberglasssubbox.html

Don't you hate it when you get the modding bug!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P15UL T

Advanced Member
cheers gonzo, i've alway wanted to know how to make one of those stealth sub boxes. pretty simple to do once youve seen it (and a must if you need the bootspace) i build a big fibreglass install for the boot of my old corsa which left no room for anything but sounded amazing (i miss her) anyway hopefully have a new project soon (if the insurers let me)lol

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Hey don't forget steve you could be a little bit closer to the head unit you want with the profit on 'the plate'. :wink:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Hmm cheers for all the ICE info Steve plus you did the shopping round for me :lol:

gonzo

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
Hmm cheers for all the ICE info Steve plus you did the shopping round for me :lol:
LOL! You may have copied my shopping list.....but i'm not helping you install it!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Hahaha :roll: fine then I dont need your help* :wink:

My stuff arrived today the Type R Alpine sub looks 8)

Anyway anyone got any experience with routing the cables in the car ??
Infact any advice re the ICE would be great !

*umm actually I do :D

gonzo

Advanced Member
Suppose i'll give u a hand mate!

The headunit removal is easy - anyone got any tips for removing side sills etc?

Duncs

run it down the centre, remove the centre console and run everything though to the boot that way. if not the sill covers just pop off, watch the ends though as they can be a bit fragile.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Cheers mate keep the info coming !

The head unit is very straightforward but I found a flexable screwdriver is a must :shock:

Wouldnt it be a big job to strip the car in order to run the cables thru the center?

phil_444

Advanced Member
Steve have you used Infinity kit before? If so how do you rate it? Not tempted by my suggestion to use Rockford? :)

Andy the "proper" way to cable your car would be to run the RCA cabes down the middle, speaker cable down one side and power + remote down the other, a bit of a big job though. With my last install I had power and remote down one side and RCA's and speakers down the other and did not have any problems.

Some pics of my last install :D

Install 1
Install 2

gonzo

Advanced Member
phil_444 said:
Steve have you used Infinity kit before? If so how do you rate it? Not tempted by my suggestion to use Rockford? :)

Very tempted by Rockford! Just a bit pricey! I had infinity all around in the CTR and the sound quality was fantastic. I'm not after a major ICE install with the DC5 as the aims are to get it on the track but I wanted a decent setup!