My new DC5, TPS issue?

ShaneDC5

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2004 DC5, 139kms on the clock, a very fresh car all around which was brought in from Tokoyo in 2017 and was mapped to 226BHP with a K100.
The car had been parked up for a few months in storage by the lad I bought the car off. So when driving the car it all seems good just its kind of kangooring/jumpy at about 1/4 to 1/2 trottle so I did a bit of looking into it and tested the signal voltage on the tps Fully closed it was 0.21v and the fully open it was 1.50v, this led me to believe the sensor was bad so I purchased the upgraded Acuity TPS and calibration harness. I installed the tps but the lowest I can get the signal voltage is 0.79 Fully closed. The car seems to be driving much better but it is now losing power for a second or 2 around half trottle or more and then comes back. There are no codes or EML on and when you bring trottle % up on the scan tool it seems to be a bit all over the place..? Any ideas on what this problem could be? Thanks in advance

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi, the acuity TPS is a good bit of kit! You need to set it up perfectly however, or the flat spot you described will always remain. Very minute movements drastically change the voltages. In the end I fitted the TB all back to getter and spliced into the wires so I could use the a multi meter in situ. Then with the fixings nice and tight, (but moveable..just) I was able to fine tune it better. I found if you focus on setting the closed throttle to 0.5V and almost ignore focusing on Wide open it was much much better. But it is sensitive, took me a fresh day and fresh head to get it right. Be patient. :)

ShaneDC5

Hi Jimmer, Thanks for the reply and nice DC5 you have. Im new here, Will get pictures up soon. The Acuity TPS seems to be the way to go. When I was attempting to calibrate my TPS everything was in place on the TB and I was using a calibration harness that Tewiga have available so I didnt have to cut into the wires. Iv have the tps all the way over and it wont turn anymore and the lowest voltage I can get is the 0.79v...? Did you have this problem?

big-pete

Advanced Member
Props to jimmer. mines doing this and its doing my swede in.

ive got 3 new TPS sensors- didnt realise the voltage was such an arseache to dial in.

Stupid question- can you dial it in off the car before fitting?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
Props to jimmer. mines doing this and its doing my swede in.

ive got 3 new TPS sensors- didnt realise the voltage was such an arseache to dial in.

Stupid question- can you dial it in off the car before fitting?
I'm pretty sure the sensor uses a 5V reference so unless you had a 5V supply I don't think you could. People with K Pro can do it via the ECU.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

big-pete

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I'm pretty sure the sensor uses a 5V reference so unless you had a 5V supply I don't think you could. People with K Pro can do it via the ECU.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
so I actually do have a 5V supply- PC power supplies use them alot- i could just splice that onto it then and use that as a ref theoretically.. hmm

ShaneDC5

Update - This issue turned out to be a faulty brand new sensor.

New Acuity TPS and bingo 👌

😁😁😁

Dc5mo

Hey there I have almost same problem. And it all happened after car was sat for just say over a month while I was waiting for my starter motor to arrive. I have gave it a blast, fitted Acuity TPS but it just dont seem to help. I have a DC manifold and skunk2 catback exhaust system. It‘s also running piggyback ecu so I though maybe when they took battery out n left it probably reset if that‘s even possible? The car still pulls as normal when flooring just the part from 2k to 3k you can feel it struggle like the cars making noise but for split seconds very laggy like it‘s been sort of strangled. Had it on diagnostics only code that came up was secondary o2 sensor but being a decat that‘s irrelevant? It‘s just so annoying as it was smooth like my ep3 before. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk