My new Stereo

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Thanks for the Info James

Did that include Import Duty, seems to good to be true, how did you get round it?

Mike

Erm

Advanced Member
drop herts62 aka pete a pm and ask him, he knows.......

but from what he told me you pull out the bit of trim where the 12v fag lighter is and there are 3 bolts holding the stock headunit in then reach behind and there is a metal bracket to release the unit and it'll come out

:D good luck :wink:

and if u do it get some pics when doing it to help everyone else in the future :p

Trung

Advanced Member
OMG! That headunit looks the absolute dogs...
You do know you're gonna have problems tuning for radio stations now :?:

JOM

Advanced Member
Trung,

Will have the frequency shifter module, but know will not have RDS

James

JOM

Advanced Member
Got it fitted...

Have to get used to adding 18 to whatever frequency tuned to. :roll:

Fitting easier than expected, did not manage to get any photos I am afraid.

The fitting around the front is not prefect but than can be sorted later in the year.

James

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Hi James,

It looks good enough to me - did you wear your Christmas trainers for the photocall or are they just that clean? Hope that web-page helped - it ain't as complicated as it looks, is it? Cheers,

My Jap radio was terrible, cd’s jump, radio band not compatable , to many flashing light, so I fitted an Alpine CDM 9803RR radio the display is red so matches the dash lights, and the fitter found a pocket to fill the gap. Recommend you fit the radio in the lower position on the Din2 opening and the pocket above as the angle is better to see the display. Steels’s can order a Pocket with has a hinged front P/n No 77280-S6M-A01ZA and you also need 4 screws p/n 93913-14280. Cost about £30. The gap is then OK for std radios. This is pocket is original Honda designed for DC5 as some markets had this dash set up

Fitting is easy now I know the trick to get the old jap unit out. First remove the small panel under the radio that has the power point, 2 small slots on the side, lever it forwards and it pops out. Then you will see 2 screws which hold the radio panel assembly, undo these and the whole panel comes out, do remember to reconnect the hazard warning light as the indicators don’t work.