Name and Shame - Carretrofit.co.uk

Allen

Advanced Member
I first contacted http://www.carretrofit.co.uk on 16/10/10 to fit a CAT1 alarm to my FD2.

After while I started documenting everything as knew something was up and In short this is what happened:

23/10/10 - He turned up but couldn't get it to work with the central locking. Said he would find out and get back to me.

27/10/10 - Hear nothing so called. Said he hadn't found out yet, will call me next day

29/10/10 - Hear nothing so call again. He said he's going on holiday for fortnight next week so will get it sorted by then.

05/11/10 - Day before he goes on holiday still not heard so call. He said I need to take it to Honda to get diagnostic check.

12/11/10 - Took it in to Honda and they changed a fuse at a cost of £80!

20/11/10 - He comes back from holiday

24/11/10 - He Emails me asking if done. I said yes and he said will contact me to arrange date to finish the install

07/12/10 - Hear nothing so send formal Email and he replies saying its been too cold to come out?! WTF?!

18/12/10 - Finally finishes the install

Was going to go to citizen advice about it but by then was just glad it was all sorted and working so left it.

Today I went out to see how to wire in some footwell lights and wasn't impressed with what I saw...

I guess he didn't have the correct crimps so he used a spade connector

Obviously had no idea what he was doing as there's about 8 wire that have been cut into and taped up

He didn't get round to taping all of them though

For some reason he ran wires to the doors. Didn't even use the correct grommet thing, he just stabbed a hole in it and wrapped tape around it

oregato

Advanced Member
I will always only go to people off recommendations. Same with my alarm. There are some cowboys out there

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
for the alarm to be accepted by the insurance it must have come with a certificate, on it should list his VSIB number (vehicle security installation board) you should contact them and send them the report. many years ago i did the course and this would not have even come close to passing, it is typical of what people do these days, and is totally incompetent.

whenever theres a post on here saying my *** wont work it os often due to poorly fitted alarms.

Allen

Advanced Member
Seems my formal letter worked.

He called me and said he would come and sort it out. I said I would rather do it myself and have some money back.

He said he would give me £50 back. I thought I would push him and said I would pay for the alarm and no labour... He agreed!

I think he knows the whole job was a mistake and just wants me to leave him alone

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah that looks a bit of a mess!

Should have gone to Mike at Torque, I'm sure he gets all the alarms fitted over here on all his cars (if they don't have already). 8)

Plus I think they have alarmed FD2's in the past.

Either way, hope it's sorted soon! 8)