NC500 summer 2020

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Anybody fancy a trip up to Scotland next year for the NC500?

Not sure exactly when yet but wanted to see what sort of response it gets first.

I'm totally flexible date wise but would suggest planning a week for it.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Potentially up for this mate but I'd need to let you know nearer the time for definite. Put me as a provisional for now. Cheers.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I'll wait to see what sort of response it gets but I'd love to set off from Japfest so either may or July I think.

Wait for others first though, as I said I'm totally flexible.

ATC

Definitely keen. Planned a version of a route for this summer with some mates bud sadly it never actually happened. Definitely planning to do it next year, so may well tag along here if dates suit.

Got a handful of air BnB places lined up too which would suit 8+ people

TomNorris

Advanced Member
When suits people date wise?

Shall we aim for some time in May or is that too early for people?

darkened_sol

Long time lurker on the forums, (perhaps I should finally introduce myself in a different thread!) I'd be up for doing this if people are still interested. Moved up to Glasgow about 2 years ago and haven't got round to doing it yet!

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I'm definitely still up for it.
I think it'll be nice to meet some of the owners north of the border. That and I've been watching videos on YouTube and it looks amazing.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'll try and join you if I can but it may be in a different car possibly. I'll keep you posted nearer the time.

PickleBett

Hey guys defo worth doing me and a mate who is also on the forum somewhere Darren V done this in our civic ep3's couple years ago and it was amazing, We done it in July and weather was cracking up there, there is plenty places to camp out if thats your thing,
plenty photo spots and if yous do go you need to include the Bealach na Ba pass, roads a bit sketchy but the veiws are worth it.

Need any more pointers or places to stop etc just ask happy to help.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I think it's time to start thinking of dates. How are people looking for may / June / July? Any preference?

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
I think it's time to start thinking of dates. How are people looking for may / June / July? Any preference?
I was up it at the end of April last year for work and again at the end of June for a trip with the misses.

April was a bit more quiet. I would try and avoid July and August for tourists. You'll be pulling over every two mins on the single track bits of road and you'll struggle to get spaces places you'll want to stop at.

Jordan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
June is better for me bud personally. I'm available most weekends and I can always book a day or two off either side. June or July preferably. May is a no go sadly as I've got too much on. Cheers.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I did it last year, would happily do it again.

Date wise, you really want to miss all school holidays as that leads to traffic.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Spirit R

I did it in 2018, but in my DC2. Simply put some of the best roads in the UK especially the west coast of Scotland leading up to the NC500.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

For those of you that have done the NC500 (or parts of it) in your DC5's - are the roads of a decent quality in terms of surface/width etc?
I'm wanting to take my DC5 but I don't want to come back with it battered and bruised from potholes, stone-chips and scrapes on the bodywork. I've been reading up on it and hear that some roads, although classed as "A roads" are not great. It's a decent 10hr drive for me to get up to Scotland as it is, but want to enjoy the route and not have to drive like miss daisy everywhere!
Thanks

Lemons

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

For those of you that have done the NC500 (or parts of it) in your DC5's - are the roads of a decent quality in terms of surface/width etc?
I'm wanting to take my DC5 but I don't want to come back with it battered and bruised from potholes, stone-chips and scrapes on the bodywork. I've been reading up on it and hear that some roads, although classed as "A roads" are not great. It's a decent 10hr drive for me to get up to Scotland as it is, but want to enjoy the route and not have to drive like miss daisy everywhere!
Thanks
I haven't done it in the DC5, but I have in a Octavia VRS estate and rental Passat estate with a tiny eco engine. Not once did I think the road was too narrow or that badly surfaced (any worse than the rest of the UK). Apple Cross is single track but there are a million passing places. There's more to it than enjoying your car, the place is simply stunning.

Do it, you won't regret it, few stone chips vs great memories.