NC500 summer 2020

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

For those of you that have done the NC500 (or parts of it) in your DC5's - are the roads of a decent quality in terms of surface/width etc?
I'm wanting to take my DC5 but I don't want to come back with it battered and bruised from potholes, stone-chips and scrapes on the bodywork. I've been reading up on it and hear that some roads, although classed as "A roads" are not great. It's a decent 10hr drive for me to get up to Scotland as it is, but want to enjoy the route and not have to drive like miss daisy everywhere!
Thanks
I live in the Highlands. The roads on the NC500 are fine in most places. The worst areas are Lochcarron area and Kinlochewe to Shieldaig. They're single track and always getting torn up in the winters so just be wary of potholes there. They aren't awful for stonechips but you'll be lucky not to get a few in the 500 miles. Apart from that you'll get some of the best roads you'll drive. I'm so fortunate to have it on my door step. Just watch your speed between Inverness and Thurso, Achnasheen area and Ullapool to Inverness...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk