Need help! URGENTLY

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Rather not split but can do if you need it. Not really here to make a profit. Just give us a fair price, whatever they go for and I'll be happy.
Thanks mate, will come back to you tomorrow if it falls through with Dan. I'll give you a fair price as well of course if I need it. Thanks dude!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey all, just some useful information for people in the future in case it's required. I'd emailed Chris at EFI Parts for some advice around removal of the kpro ECU, this is what he kindly came back with.

I think you're going to need to swap the whole ECU for an original type and have its immobiliser coded by Honda. I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that the ECU you have now will no longer run if the K pro is simply removed.

The ECU is physically modified to accept the Hondata board and the software loaded on to the ECU is custom also. Someone, somewhere may be able to flash a stock file back to the ECU in order for it to run without the K pro module present.

You'd do better to swap the whole ECU since you'll be able to sell your Kpro ECU in its entirety then.

Beware though, your DC5 will likely have a PRB or PRC ECU. You'll need to replace it for the same type. UK EP3's use a PRA, which is not compatible with your cars lambda sensor and possibly some other aspects.

Mebz

Advanced Member
I think that's right other than the coding bit. Pre facelift have no immobiliser so no coding required. Coding only required for facelift..... I think.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers lads for the feedback, interesting nonetheless and mave prove useful for people in the future.

moody_mage

I'm surprised no-one wants to do a swap, I would be looking for a KPRO at some point in the future to replace my stock PFL ecu, I don't have any spare cash to put towards it right now though.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I am as well tbh, I'd have thought someone would have snapped it up but guess not. The car will be up for sale in the coming weeks and the KPRO will remain in the car unless I manage to source a standard one to replace it. If your situation changes give me a shout.

Cheers

Marc

Mark_teg

Staff member
Pretty much the same I said then Marc (except I point out the lack of immobiliser)

Someone will want Kpro in exchange for an OEM plus cash, surely?!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey man!

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I've made a deal with a lad on Facebook for a prefacelift ECU plus cash my way, we're doing the swap Saturday so fingers crossed both our cars run fine after the switch with no issues. I won't be engaging VTEC at all until the car is back with VTEC Direct and all the mods are off and the standard parts are back on.

Do you anticipate any starting/running issues on the car once they've been swapped? The lad is running similar mods to mine at the moment so I'd have thought his would be ok but would need a remap soon?

Thanks again mate and everyone else for all the advice.

Mark_teg

Staff member
It'll be fine.

His would benefit from a remap of course, but if mods are the same it'll probably just need fine tweaks.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Kpro is now out of the car and a standard one in. It's working absolutely fine so far, I drove 70 miles back home from Llangollen yesterday with the new ECU and it didn't feel any different tbh. I've not given any VTEC yet of course and won't be until the modifications are all off the car.

Thanks again everyone for all the help.

daniel-cmyk

Crazylegs said:
Kpro is now out of the car and a standard one in. It's working absolutely fine so far, I drove 70 miles back home from Llangollen yesterday with the new ECU and it didn't feel any different tbh. I've not given any VTEC yet of course and won't be until the modifications are all off the car.

Thanks again everyone for all the help.
I‘m glad all is sorted mate. 👌🏽