need new brakes.....

Nat

I need to get some new brakes before i crash lol!

My friend said I should bet EBC brake set - what you reckon???

I could do with some really good brakes as i tend to brake late and hard!!!!

Any thoughts would be good......

Nat :wink:

Mr_GaBIG

I personally would not go for EBC.

I would instead for something like Black Diamond, DBA or some Brembo blanks.

They are all really good brake discs for the money. For pads; get some Fast Road Pagid pads, they will be up for the job to stop the ITR. :D

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Considering our site sells EBC, I'd say you should probably not go for them on this car. They just dont seem to work well in the Brembos and on my girlfriend's GT4 (similar calipers to Brembo) the pads are the loudest clunky things ever. Work fine but exsessive noise.

I'm contemplating Project-U when it comes to change them.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
I am using these carbon Fibre pads from the US .. Hawk I think they are called.. and man are they good... got them from Tom TGMSports and they are a lot cheaper than stock...

If you want his number let me know...

Been to Cadwell on them and haven't had any problems at all.. work fine all day long.. Lots of dust, but I think all good brake pads will do that on track...

Work from cold as good as working from hot...

UW

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
...that's interesting about Hawk. We can get these from one of our US suppliers but we've never looked into selling them cause we've never heard what they're like. If you recon they're good I'll give them a bash when I need pads :)

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
FunkyProduct said:
...that's interesting about Hawk. We can get these from one of our US suppliers but we've never looked into selling them cause we've never heard what they're like. If you recon they're good I'll give them a bash when I need pads :)
Yeah I really rate them, I will defo buy somemore...

UW

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Which EBC pads did you use?? Out of interest, does anyone know the part number for V2 Redstuff pads for the DC5 Brembos?

I used EBC redstuff V1 on my old Teg, and they were very good on the track, but wore down too quickly but I had heard that the V2 redstuff were supposed to be better. :D

Also, I was using PAGID RS14's on my Teg at the end, but I felt these were also excellent on the track, but weren't as good for road use (too much initial bite, and squealed at low speeds, plus they cost £££££). Anyone have any experience with Pagid pads on the DC5?

Trung

Advanced Member
Mark
Which Hawk pads are you using? Blue, HP Plus or HPS :?:

I just recently fitted Greenstuff onto my CTR. Its ok at the moment, wouldn't use them again. Only bought it because it was offered to me at £35. :wink: