Need two new front tyres, undecided on eagle f1 to match rear or try ad08r

p1tse

Advanced Member
Need two new front tyres, undecided on eagle f1 to match rear or try ad08r?

Rear eagle f1s are relatively new
No more than a few thousand easy miles, so plenty of life.

No issues with the f1s but with all the hype would like to try ad08r, but don't want to replace f1 rear as almost as new, so unsure with mix front and read will unbalance etc.

Another reservation is not matching on looks

Chris_Glanzav98

Advanced Member
Ad08 is a great tyre and will be my choice when my wheels arrive, if your happy with f1's go for it with them being the fronts maybe they will catch the rears for wear and when replacement time comes around again you could get four matching yokos

I only drive the teg on sunny days mostly so wet weather isnt a concern when choosing a tyre, if your daily driven and depending on the roads near you this could influence your decision bud hope this helps

Ps ad08 tread looks badass

Also maybe have a look at federal heard great things and a bit cheaper than the yokos bud

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
I've ad08r 215 45 17 all round.. haven't been able to drive the car the way I'd like to until my 15mm hubcentric wheel spacers arrive for front and rear then get aligned. They do seem to like picking up the stones on the road and haven't had a really dry day to test the grip but I bought mine by what I'd heard and read so I would give them a go.. they seem to be a popular choice. I had eagle f1 on my first integra to. It's nice to try different things

spooke

Advanced Member
I would either get some more F1's for the front or get AD08R all round, wouldn't AD08R's up front cause quite a in-balance and potential oversteer?

Fez

Advanced Member
My car came with 4 brand new f1's, and i got a puncture in one that couldn't be repaired, so i replaced all 4 with re070's, best thing i did. Sold the 3 good f1's to my mate for £100, so the price of the re070's didn't seem so bad.

nsxer

Advanced Member
Toyo Proxes T1-R's supposed to be a great tyre

albeit i know nothing about them, as i tend to run b'stone on all my cars

p1tse

Advanced Member
Wheel offset and width, lowered I think I will rub looking at currently how it stands

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
The downside I can see with the RE070 is that they are heavy as f***k compered to most other tyres. Especially any tyre in 215/45 :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I know its lame, and they probably are a very very good, but i just really hate how chunky the RE070 look. Silly isn't it, but I won't buy any for that reason. Lol

If you are happy with the goodyears then get them again. If you want the AD08Rs then try them, I doubt you will be really pushing it hard enough on the road to notice an imbalance of grip enough for it to become unsafe! The goodyears should still do an ample job of keeping the rear end in check. It will be the wet weather that you'll notice it I guess, an asymmetrical tyre will be more beneficial in that case. And wear, im guessing in everyday use the goodyears will last longer. It all depends on what you want really

Im not getting any until all 4 of mine need changing but that's purely for looks again, haha hate miss matching tyres on performance cars. (Its all the little things) but personally ill be trying AD08s next I think.