New around here

2 Wheels

Hi all, I've very suddenly developed an overwhelming desire to buy a DC5 Integra. Long story short - I moved to Dubai about 5 years ago (selling my NA Supra before doing so) & this summer I plan to return home to our great country for good. I can't quite remember when or where it happened but for the last two weeks I've become slightly obsessed with the DC5 & would love to buy one for my return home.

I've got two young kids so convincing the mrs that a coupe is viable car for us will most likely be the biggest hurdle. We have a Golf as well for family trips though =P
I welcome any advice.

wocka

Advanced Member
I have a 2 year old, he loves it in the car. Plenty of room and the boots are huge, like HUGE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Huge boot, good space in the back and front, comfy, economical and insurance for me is £281 FC for my partner and I with all mods declared, insurance is always a tough one as depends on your age, driving history, location and so on (too many variables to be able to say it will be cheap but it wont be expensive for sure.)

I regularly get late 30's-early 40's mpg on the road but when on track it's a diff story lol

2 Wheels

Thanks for the info mate.

I went and checked with an online insurance quote & it came up at £400 odd per year. I guess that's reasonable as I've been out of the country for 5 years & no longer have any NCB.

Finding a decent example that fits my criteria (white with red interior, ideally <70,000 km, <£8k) looks like it'll be a challenge as well. I'll keep my eye on local sales but I'm going to look at importing one as well

carl hammond

Advanced Member
2 Wheels said:
Thanks for the info mate.

I went and checked with an online insurance quote & it came up at £400 odd per year. I guess that's reasonable as I've been out of the country for 5 years & no longer have any NCB.

Finding a decent example that fits my criteria (white with red interior, ideally <70,000 km, <£8k) looks like it'll be a challenge as well. I'll keep my eye on local sales but I'm going to look at importing one as well
You know 70k km is about 43k Miles? You‘ll never find one in your budget here or in Japan for that money I‘m afraid.

Simple rule with an integra of both variants (DC2 or 5 is to Buy on condition not mileage). Forget that part of your search and you‘ll be fine and not struggle to get a good one.

These engines are bullet proof and if the cars maintained no one cares about mileage so opens up more cars to you as they are appreciating

2 Wheels

carl hammond said:
You know 70k km is about 43k Miles? You‘ll never find one in your budget here or in Japan for that money I‘m afraid.

Simple rule with an integra of both variants (DC2 or 5 is to Buy on condition not mileage). Forget that part of your search and you‘ll be fine and not struggle to get a good one.

These engines are bullet proof and if the cars maintained no one cares about mileage so opens up more cars to you as they are appreciating
My mistake, I did actually mean miles. It looks like I've been over here too long & I've become used to using metric for distance & speed.

Thanks for the advice though, I think you're right about that. Anyway I'll hopefully hang onto it for a while so as long as the body work & interior are in good shape I don't mind getting my hands dirty with the engine later on