New DC5 owner from Middlesbrough

Neith

Hi everyone,

I've just had my DC5 delivered today so thought I'd best sign up as this site was really useful when researching the cars.

The car is a 2001 ITR in Arctic Blue with the blue Recaros. It's completely standard barring an alarm and is just under 80k miles. Seems to be base spec (no A/B/C pack options at least?) I have to thank the guys at Torque GT for sourcing this; they've been brilliant during the entire process, especially during the pandemic which delayed things out of their control.

20210202_092514.jpg20210202_095818.jpg20210202_092558.jpg
This is my 2nd Honda (had a facelift EP3 about 9 years ago) and my 2nd import (had a S15 Silvia Spec-R from a different importer to the Teg after the EP3).

Looking forward to years of ownership; so good to be in a special car again! Hopefully once lockdown eases I can actually take the thing for a proper drive!

Lemons

Advanced Member
Looks super clean.

I'm starting to think the base model is the best, I could do without the tints and rear wiper.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
Looking good! Always fancied a blue one......ended up buying 2 white ones
Mine came from that neck of the woods (north east)
It was in Whitby for a couple of years, then Guisborough before I bought it

Neith

Thanks everyone! Really happy with the car; it's a shame I can't take it out for a proper run yet but we're all in the same situation I guess :confused:. Maybe for the best with all the salt on the roads!

Did have a brief scare earlier when the bonnet wouldn't open (interior handle popped it open a little but the under bonnet release wouldn't let me open it fully). Thankfully found a thread on here showing how to sort it (by grabbing the metal release arm instead of the plastic catch) and it opened fine.

From the little I've driven it I'm loving it so far, can't wait until I can show it some decent roads.

Neith

What did you think of the S15 Spec R?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
To be honest, mine had a lot of problems while I owned it, but when it did work it was a great car. That was close to standard too; great chassis and fun to drive. Had it on track at Snetterton and that did expose the standard brakes and suspension a little!