New DC5 Owner, not new to Honda

AJT13N

Hi all,

Though best to introduce myself as the new proud owner of a DC5.

Went for a bone stock Blue DC5 with only options the 'Start' button. 1 Jap Owner, Full Jap History with 58k on clocks, really chuffed with how clean the car was as i had originally gone to seen a Blue Car Blue Recaro car with some Mugen bits on but this one just stood out and said buy me!

Not New to Honda as I had a EK4 back in 2010, which ended up turbo'd and a bit mental as I'd started with company barges.

This was then replaced with a Evo 6 TME, which lasted all of 5 Months before the Boxing Day floods in 2015 flooded my garage and wrote car off :xcry:

But it led me onto buying a fun track toy in a Clio 182

And my recent daily barge a mk7 GTI

But I digress, Clio and Golf are now gone, back to my current one car garage.

Plans will slowly be to do bits and bobs, but really to enjoy my first true experience of a Type-R.

Cheers,
Andy

ollieh17

Advanced Member
looks like a nice example. Be interesting to hear how you find it compared to the 182? Do you intend to track it?I know some people consider clios to be the best thing to ever grace the racetrack

AJT13N

Thanks,

in terms of comparison I couldn't say at this point what key differences between the two as i think the will struggle to be at the same level.

I bought the 182 fully stripped, half caged, all the usual track items you eventually end up with as in solid mounts, abs removed, brake hard-lines, bias valve semi-slicks etc.
I have no intentions to take the Teg that far as at moment it will be my daily and wish to be able to take it on driving holidays with the Mrs in toe.

As for the Clio on track I really enjoyed my time with it, yes they are good for what they are but it stops at that. It was fun, cheap and in relative terms quick around track (depending on the circuit) of course any major straights most things with a lick of power would be gone but you'd be right behind them come next technical section and i feel that was the biggest draw of the clio.

Another good thing was at time I was considering 182 or EP3, but having had my EK4 before i felt there would be too much temptation to throw money at it where the Clio i just bought and drove without thinking what parts or route to go next doing 5 track days in the first 12 months of ownership