New double din head unit - Pioneer MVH-AV290BT

yn08_teg

Hello all,

I am in the process of deciding on a new double-din unit for my car. I'm importing the car and it has no audio system. As such, it is time to decide on a new unit. My requirements are pretty basic - I don't need a system with CD/DVD capabilities, Sat-Nav or any fancy apps.

I have an android phone and basically want to be able to stream my music via Bluetooth to the unit and that's pretty much it. However, due to the fact there is a gaping hole in the dash, a double din unit will hopefully fit nicely.

The guys installing the unit will supply a wiring harness, so I just need to select a unit. I wondered if anyone had any experience of the below?

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-mvhav290bt_p-40097.htm

I have heard good things about Pioneer and I have a Pioneer unit in my current car (single din) that I am very happy with.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Richard

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I literally bought the 290BT yesterday, it's perfect if you just want radio and Bluetooth. You'll need the well known fascia off amazon for £8. It fits well, however you will need drill holes in the cage to secure the unit.

Bluetooth works flawlessly. Really happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
It's spot on really, for the money I have no complaints. Also lights up red to compliment the dash lights. I Bluetooth all my music through Spotify and it works fine, no issues.

It is yes, it just snaps into place the one that comes with the stereo is too large for the DC5 surround. Took a bit of work to get the fitment perfect but overall I'm happy with it!

yn08_teg

Looks like a winner to me. I actually use Deezer, but that's the same principle as spotify so I'm sure there won't be any real problems there. I'm glad someone else has used this unit in a DC5!

chridley

Looking to purchase one of these come pay day. Do you have to drill into the unit for it to attach to the dc5 cage? I was under the impression they were already there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
chridley said:
Looking to purchase one of these come pay day. Do you have to drill into the unit for it to attach to the dc5 cage? I was under the impression they were already there?

It's a great unit well worth the money. The DC5 cage doesn't allign with the holes in the stereo, just take the cage out and then just drill the new holes.

chridley

hollowaydc5 said:
It's a great unit well worth the money. The DC5 cage doesn't allign with the holes in the stereo, just take the cage out and then just drill the new holes.

Ahh ok. Noob question but mind sharing what mm drill bit you used?

Thanks

SamDC5

Advanced Member
chridley said:
Ahh ok. Noob question but mind sharing what mm drill bit you used?

Thanks

I can't remember tbh lol, the screws that come with the stereo have massive heads on them. I reckon a 3-5mm may suffice?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
RC_intdc5 said:
What wiring harness did you use? Looking to fit this unit to mine
I can't remember as I bought it off eBay specific to the DC5 and it's not on there anymore. I think you can use a generic honda one, Accord maybe from the same year?