NEW GUY

THETOOLMAN

hey guys
just thought i should introduce myself as i have been reading your mails or a couple of months now and am starting to feel a bit like a stalker. :?
my name is paul and am in the process of trying to sell my two cars in order to get my hands on a dc5.
there is a guy up near me (ayrshire, scotland) who is selling a type is that i have been a test drive in (cheers kev) and i couldnt stop grining, the only word that can describe it awsome.
he said that the importer put everything on it that took it up to type r spec except for the brembos (its got civic type r brakes) i was wondering if you guy had any idea of how much it would cost for a set of brembos and how often you would need to change the pads for normal road use as i imagine the pads wont be cheep either.
any info would be gratfully received
cheers paul :)

THETOOLMAN

hey Andy,
im living in Stevenston just now. :(
i had heard that there was a black dc5 around but had never seen it, one of the reasons i want one as they are quite rare.
if i do happen to buy Kevs i think i would put the brembos on as they would finish the off car, on the other hand the price or replacing the pads could sway me they other way, :? still it feels as though i will never get my hands on one as no one has even came to look at my cars.
have you done any mods to yours and what are you paying for insurance ?
cheers paul

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Matt, I don't think Kev's is an RSX cause it is RHD, AFAIK it's a JDM Integra Type-S with the everything but the Brembo's added to make it a Type-R or something like that. :?

Paul, I know a few folk from around that Area cause I work for British Energy (in fact my boss is from there!!), and I am starting a Systems Eng job @ Hunterston in a few months!! :D Living inStevenson, I'm guessing u'll know a few folk from the 'B' Station!! :)

THETOOLMAN

cheers for the link, looks like an interesting read.
dont suppose any of you guys could tell me how to translate it ? :?

as for knowing anyone from the b station sorry but i have only moved to stevenston last year from saltcoats, managed to stay away from it for 23 years but then a chance of a great house came up and couldnt refuse.

ps. what is the b station :?

corbie

Advanced Member
Hi Paul

To translate the page just go to www.altavista.com choose translate paste the URL into the "Translate a Web page" box pick Japanese to English click on translate.

Theres also a Scottish Type R forum for local meets see type-r-scotland.com for details.

Corbie