New insurance policy - agreed valuation?

yn08_teg

Hi Guys,

So I'm in the process of organising insurance for my car. 26 years old 2 yrs NCB license held for 3.5 years.

My car only has a couple of mods - catback exhaust system and some gauges, which I would declare. I have been quoted £799 with Greenlight, which is the best so far. Still phoning around at the moment.

Is it worth getting an agreed valuation policy? From what I understand these are for heavily modified cars and classic vehicles - do you think it would be worth the cost and hassle to get an agreed value policy, or just go with a standard one?

All feedback welcomed :)

Cheers

GillyDC5

Im with adrian flux and they are very good, just give them a ring for a quote and see what the price will be! Specialize in modified cars, im only 21 and got insured on a teg no problem :)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
yn08_teg said:
Hi Guys,

So I'm in the process of organising insurance for my car. 26 years old 2 yrs NCB license held for 3.5 years.

My car only has a couple of mods - catback exhaust system and some gauges, which I would declare. I have been quoted £799 with Greenlight, which is the best so far. Still phoning around at the moment.

Is it worth getting an agreed valuation policy? From what I understand these are for heavily modified cars and classic vehicles - do you think it would be worth the cost and hassle to get an agreed value policy, or just go with a standard one?

All feedback welcomed :)

Cheers
Agreed Value wouldnt be necessary on a car with only a few mods.

In the event of a total loss our engineers will value the car based on what the DC5's are currently selling for on autotrader/piston heads etc with similar spec or miles to yours. If you do end up doing a lot more modifications mid year you can always look to get an agreed value mid term.

Kind Regards
neil

yn08_teg

Neil@Greenlight said:
Agreed Value wouldnt be necessary on a car with only a few mods.

In the event of a total loss our engineers will value the car based on what the DC5's are currently selling for on autotrader/piston heads etc with similar spec or miles to yours. If you do end up doing a lot more modifications mid year you can always look to get an agreed value mid term.

Kind Regards
neil
Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. That was my feeling, but I just wanted to be sure before I went ahead and got the policy.

Greenlight still the best so far, may well be giving you guys a call back Neil.

Cheers