New Kent Owner

Charged

Hey guys just picked up my first Jap car! A 2004 Integra DC5.A supercharged one at that.

Been a long time Honda fan almost purchased dc2 many times before but always went back with my bmws.

Cars currently on potenza re070 which seem terrible on these wet/greasy/cold temps we've had in these past few weeks.So i feel I haven't been able to fully experience the car.

Haven't had time to take any pics but original advert with specs/pics!

[/URL]

Elliot438

Can't see pictures. No matter what tyres you use you are going to struggle this time of the year especially with forced induction. You could switch to some more road friendly tyres such as PS4 or Rainsports but it won't make a world of difference, end of the day you got a 300+bhp going through the front wheels in freezing conditions....

Charged

Can't see pictures. No matter what tyres you use you are going to struggle this time of the year especially with forced induction. You could switch to some more road friendly tyres such as PS4 or Rainsports but it won't make a world of difference, end of the day you got a 300+bhp going through the front wheels in freezing conditions....

try this link mate. I Will take pictures when I've got some time clean her! I've already done the interior but to be fair it was clean already.I just like to shampoo all my carpets for fun..lol

Yes, I understand. Just reading threads on here people say there "ok" in the wet and "better" than other fast tyres. To me there the car version of Supercorsas on a motorbike.Crap from cold or in the cold or wet lol. I think the relatively lightweight cars slows the heating up process compared to other heavy german machinery I've owned at 1500kg+. Chassis seems nice balance though so far lift of oversteer is there at will but seems very controllable. Can't wait to weather gets better!

it's 295BHP on EFI dyno print out at the moment. It is charge cooled model but only running the 3.4 pully already spoke to CPL regarding the 3.2....hmm

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum,

If you feel the need to replace them then PS4's, Eagle F1 Asymetric 5's are two other good options, anything like AR1, AD08R(or RS), RSR, 888R etc will be worse than what you have as they are more track focussed (trust me tried some and it was dangerous) which is why I run diff wheels for diff times.

The Potenza re070 is a very good all-round tyre, options for a road tyre that perform in all circumstances are very limited, just go slow and steady easing on acceleration and remember until traction is found and you wont have any issues, many have said similar about other tyres and its their heavy foot that's the problem normally :D.

Just go easy and get a feel for the car and learn it's characteristics mate and enjoy.