New Noises

corbie

Advanced Member
Got a new noise on Thurs coming home from work. :(

went to Honda Stirling today to find out what my new noise is. After taking the service manager out for a wee spin he thinks it is the the bushes or drop links.

The noise comes from the centre around the same level of the pedals. Sometimes getting a knocking in the rear and have had bad knocking underneath the handbrake area on Thursday when it first happened.

The noise can happen when I change from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd, if I rev it up to 4K and lift of the throttle it can happen, or sometimes just driving round corners. It doesn't happen all the time but is getting more noticeable and mostly happens at low revs.

The clutch also makes an noise on release now. :( :( he siad this could be some pin I forgot what he called it rubbing

Got the car booked in for Thursday for them to play with.

Has anybody had any noises like this?

What could have caused this?

Cheers
Corbie

corbie

Advanced Member
No never thought about engine mounts

Trying to figure out if my motorcare warranty will cover this or will it be out of my own pocket. Would any of the problems be classed as "general wear and tear" or "Misuse" as that wouldn't be covered

Are the bushes on the DC5 Polyurethane ones and would it be worth will replacing them with Polyurethane ones?

I just hope this isn't going to be expensive as I just paid for my insurance and air intake.

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
I get a bit of a clunk on release of the clutch which I put down to the LSD.

I dont really have an answer for your problems there mate, but if Honda Stirling dont find the problem (my faith in main dealers is at an all-time-low after hearing about an FTO guy finding his car being used on the lunchtime burger run when he left it with his local Mitsi garage!) then why not take it to the garage I take my DC5 to down in Culross cause he'll be able to find what it is I'm sure.....?

Chris

corbie

Advanced Member
Cheers Chris will send the car do your man in Culross if Honda don't have any joy.

I always take a note of the millage when I drop the car off just in case anything like that does happen. It shocking that garages still do things like this.

Kenny has the exact same prob on his CTR, its in the garage just now so don't think it could be the diff. Will find out tomorrow hopefully.

corbie

Advanced Member
Hi
Yeah forgot about this thread it turns out to be a bracket that holds one of the cables to the clutch slave cylinder.

Though on my mates CTR it was the engine mounts.

Honda ordered the wrong bracket and they have the right one now but I am stuck down in London now and haven't had my VTEC fix for 2.5 days now. :(