New owner Wales

TomWilcock

Inactive Members
Hey guys thought i would say hello!
Been after a JDM car of some sort for years and thought i would pull the trigger before the prices get out of hand (maybe they already have?)
The DC5 always seemed a good balance of fun but still dailyable with decent running costs.

Car has a few modifications which im looking to take back to stock, also learnt getting a passenger scuttle is not the easiest thing... might try and get one from a RSX in the states as i have alot of experience of buying parts from there because of other cars ive had/own.

been to japan a few times so the hope is to get back out there once the world carms down and buy as many parts as possible, maybe do a spoon theme.

Attachments

Charged

Looks very nice dude welcome.How does a DC5 compare to the FD2 in your experience?

I've actually got a family member who can have kindly offered me flights to Japan for free to visit them as they travel a lot and have frequent flight miles..I'm tempted to pop over post lockdown. Is it really wotth picking up parts etc over there? I was looking into possible looking at a few cars/parts.

TomWilcock

Inactive Members
Probably should of mentioned the fd2 owner is who i bought the DC5 off! He didnt mention too much about performance but he did find the interior a slightly nicer place to be i think i would look at buying one if i needed the 4 doors or wanted something that little newer.

As for parts in Japan its defently worth it if you can do it but its not like things are mega cheap i would say it works out 20% less in some cases as your not paying a middle man and shipping. Ill probably stick to buying the smaller things like dress up items and steering wheel, possibly throttle body as ive seen spoon do a refub scheme! Would be nice to take somthing small from the dc5 like a sunviser or spark plug cover with me and try and get that signed if possible.