New pads

corbie

Advanced Member
I am thinking of getting some new pads and I've read up and found that a lot of people rate Cobalt GT-Sport pads.

So my question is this will RSX Type S pads fit the Type R?

Does anybody know if anybody sells them in the UK or will I just buy American?

Cheers

Corbie

Trung

Advanced Member
DC5R uses different pads to RSX Type-S because RSX doesnt have Brembo calipers.
Never heard of Cobalt GT-Sport. Ferodo DSC2500 are excellent pads.

corbie

Advanced Member
Cheer Turng

Hoped they might have a OEM version of the Brembos.

I found out about them when looking at the America sites. They get good right ups similar to the Endless ones Franz bought but cheaper :)

The only thing putting me off the DSC2500 is that they need a bit of heat to work, I've been told.

Might look at Mintex, Pagid, Endless or Hawk then.

Haven't tracked yet looking at doing it next month. :D so don't need heavy duty pads.

Any other options are welcome
Cheers

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Corbie, I had DSC2500 all round on my DC5 and never had a problem with them working properly - always pulled me up sharply enough, even when cold, and lasted plenty long time :wink: (bit dusty though)

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
quick question - almost on topic:
Would a set of pads from an Evo (with Brembo) fit the DC5 Brembo calipers?

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I couldn't say for sure, but I'm sure all the Brembo Red Caliper Family will hold the same pads, but the difference might be in the disc thickness, cause IIRC, the DC5 has quite a thick disc and requires slightly thinner pads than some other cars using these calipers.

Similarly, the length of the pads can be different and still fit in the caliper ie Seat Leon Cupra with the Brembo's has a shorter pad than the DC5!!

Not 100% sure on the dimensions on the EVO pad though.

rossi

Pads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corbie, I had DSC2500 all round on my DC5 and never had a problem with them working properly - always pulled me up sharply enough, even when cold, and lasted plenty long time (bit dusty though)

Where did you buy the pads from.
i have had an interesting conversation with honda today
They have told me that the replacement pads are not availalble from honda
As I am going to the nurburg ring in 3 week I now have a pnic on.

corbie

Advanced Member
Hi Rossi

try TMG Sports, on 01252 811972 and ask for Tom. I am told he can sort you out with Hawk or DSC2500 pads for the DC5.

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
If you could get me a part number for the Hawk, I could get them too - might work out cheaper too :)

How did you get on at Graeme's Corbie? Heard he fixed it for ya - exhaust something or other?

corbie

Advanced Member
Alright Chris

Should have said today.

The hawks are £78.50 + VAT the DSC's are a fiver more. Don't have the part number though.

Yeah a cracked exhaust heat shield was the cause of my rattles. Won't bother replacing it just get a DC sports header in a couple of months :D

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
We could help with that header - we've just got the UK dealership for AEM and DC Sports (now one and the same company)
C