New Radio Needed - Recommendations?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I don't drive it often and the last time I did it was freezing so I had to wack the heat up :)
That doesn't make any sense, 22 degrees for example is 22 degrees, it'll get there just as fast if you set it to 22 or set it to 30. :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That doesn't make any sense, 22 degrees for example is 22 degrees, it'll get there just as fast if you set it to 22 or set it to 30. :)
It makes sense, I never said I was warming the car up lol, I was freezing and normally have my car as warm as I can inside, I hate cold weather, the other halfs jukes on 28 and the seat on hi every time I am in it through winter months lol...
(by the way she hates it and keeps having the nerve to change her cars settings) :-(

I only turn them down when the car feels like a sauna inside :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Lol, not the first person to say that, everyone says I am, for example when training in the past for interclub's or fights (if I needed to get my weight down) I would only ever run in the heat and summer, the hotter the better and further I could run, whereas in winter or even like now, no chance wont even do it, just swim, weights and indoor things like basketball lol... My gf things I am odd as I try not to go out in the cold lol

Greedy Sheedy

Gotta say that head unit looks nice Carl, am also looking at getting something similar to this in mine. Did you buy it and fit it yourself or just get someone to do it for you?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Greedy Sheedy said:
Gotta say that head unit looks nice Carl, am also looking at getting something similar to this in mine. Did you buy it and fit it yourself or just get someone to do it for you?
Done it all myself mate it‘s easy to do, may fit the reversing camera over the summer as couldn‘t be bothered before

Cennix1

I have a Pioneer AVH-X8600BT and I was very pleased with it.. at least until one day recently it decided to go into some kind of safe mode presumably to prevent theft. It's been a nightmare and I spent over 2 hours on hold to Pioneer while standing around in Halfords today.. (they can only give the code to an authorized pioneer dealer to unlock it)...should have just spent £23 on ebay for a quick fix in hindsight lol.

It's a fantastic unit but their service has really put me off them as a company I don't think I will buy one of theirs again.

Cennix1

carl hammond said:
It makes sense, I never said I was warming the car up lol, I was freezing and normally have my car as warm as I can inside, I hate cold weather, the other halfs jukes on 28 and the seat on hi every time I am in it through winter months lol...
(by the way she hates it and keeps having the nerve to change her cars settings) :-(

I only turn them down when the car feels like a sauna inside :)
My other half is part Nigerian.. often I have to close the drivers side vents, whack it up to 30 degrees, then stick my window open. She stays warm, and I don't burn alive :D

carl hammond

Advanced Member
hi mate

the link for the alpine - https://www.caraudio...700_p-32544.htm would be one to go for. You have alpine build quality and internal components
the pioneer is a decent and very capable unit too, this will allow flexibility for cd/dvd which i could not live without so the one for me and Pioneer have good build quality too. Running one in my NSX and will have another in the dc5 when i get it fitted.

caraudioandsecurity and caraudiodirect are 2 good internet shops

halfrauds are not too bad and are there or there abouts re price
Does this stereo have sat nav capabilities built in (without the use of mobile data)?

ollieh17

Advanced Member
I have one of the cheaper android units, can't really fault it. Not the fastest but when you're driving you cant do anything on it anyway. Have downloaded an app for sat nav and uses gps so doesnt require mobile data. I imagine sound quality is down on other units but ICE really isnt my thing

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have one of the cheaper android units, can't really fault it. Not the fastest but when you're driving you cant do anything on it anyway. Have downloaded an app for sat nav and uses gps so doesnt require mobile data. I imagine sound quality is down on other units but ICE really isnt my thing
That's what I have at present mate but it seems they sent me the wrong update that's caused all my issues, waiting for a new one before considering my options as the new update should mean everything displays as it should as the update sent is for a system with a larger screen meaning I cannot access anything as planned and needed :-(

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Learnt from iPhone days to never update lol. Ain't broke don't fix it
Too right mate, one function stopped working (and I don't think that was the stereo now), the company are working an a fresh update for me so fingers crossed :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Well it seems the stereo firmware was at fault, the manufacturer kindly sent me an update and job done, all working again and this time faster than ever and cleared down of all things I didn't need or want on it :)

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Well it seems the stereo firmware was at fault, the manufacturer kindly sent me an update and job done, all working again and this time faster than ever and cleared down of all things I didn't need or want on it :)
Did you need anything else to fit it, wiring adaptors etc? I'm thinking of purchasing one of these. Was dubious as there are loads of bad reviews about, but you've sold it to me.

Edit: Also does it dim when it gets dark? This Jap one was blinding me lastnight

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Did you need anything else to fit it, wiring adaptors etc? I'm thinking of purchasing one of these. Was dubious as there are loads of bad reviews about, but you've sold it to me.

Edit: Also does it dim when it gets dark? This Jap one was blinding me lastnight
Hi mate mine had a pioneer unit innit when I got it and this one wih the wiringnit came with went it first time and no issues at all. The issue I had late last year was a firmware error that I may have caused but all working spot on now and it‘s faster than ever again which is nice.

You can choose how bright you want it and I‘m certain it has dim function as does the built in navigation (which changes between night and day automatically)

I honestly love the stereo and all the functions it offers and have kept a backup of the firmware this time lol