new rubber

linzi94

Advanced Member
after much research i decided to get a set of toyo T1S for my spare rims, well, it was my teg's 4th birthday on friday so i had to get him something nice!

got them for much cheapness too - thanks to my assistant manager :wink:

i'll let you know how they get on with mince road conditions!

also, my potenzas were growing steadily more bald than william haig in a wind tunnel.

dan the man

Advanced Member
TOYOS :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

the sidewalls are so soft hun, u will tell when u drive it. just feels a different car. the response gets taken away. ok u will put power down better in wet granted compared to bridgestones but id rather have the dry response and composure myself.

all the best (sorree to sound shitty bout them like... :oops: )

DTM :| 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
gotta agree, toyo's arent a good choice! as a mate (dave ss) in his dc2 found out

linzi94

Advanced Member
ah well, my wee rex seemed to like them back in the day...

also, been in various cars with yokos on, personally i dont know what all the fuss is about :?

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Are toyo proxes t1-s really that crap??!! :( I was orignally thinking of getting some when mine need replacing?? I need a tyre which is excellent in the dry and wet which one would everyone recommend?? :?

linzi94

Advanced Member
dont get paradas, you'll have to light them up everytime before you leave the house.

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
i remember on the CTR the stock bridgestones werent exactly rated - i switched for toyos T1R's which are better than the T1S's btw.. on the CTR anyway

As for the integra i can see what dan means, mine has bridgestones RE040's and they seem to have the harder sidewall and give the car good poise but in the wet its a bit understeery..

depends what u want, but i reckon the toyos will induce more body roll and lose some feeling... i may stick with the bridgestones for now..

Wootty

Advanced Member
I put Toyos T1Rs on mine but went for the lower profile 215x35 on my 18's. So less sidewall to roll about.

But they are a bit slippy in the wet. I was in a bit of a rush so got them - if I'd been a little more patient then I would have found somewhere that had the Eagles in the 225x35x18 in stock then tried one to see if they would have cleared the arches etc.

If was going for std 17's I'd probably go the Eagles as I've heard they are better in the wet.

mikegsi

Staff member
eaglesa re good tyres, but without progressives on i would go with pots, but the softer sidewall of the eagles works well with the spoon progressives in my opinion, the ride is still firm but is slightly softend by the tyres, whereas if you used a tyre with a re-inforced side wall i would imagine the ride would be a solid one!

Tarmac

Advanced Member
i disagree with the Toyo naysayers - I find them absolutely excellent. I use T1S on the road and T1R on the track - great tyres imo.

dan the man

Advanced Member
each to there own i suppose...

AND my mate has them on his crx (toyo) and he finds them good, ive drove it and never give it a second thought either..weird.

so dunno but for me hard walls is where its at..i dont need slop on track thanks! :lol:

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
The Eagle F1 tyre wall is really soft as well. I split the wall on a 2 week old tyre when I brushed a rock lying in the road.