New To DC5

juno

Like I said, I like the DC5 and it may well be kept for a good while and yes I did buy it because of the spec and Dave's passion for seeing the job through! Sorry I have a few other cars I thought it might interest someone in the same way I already mentioned about people who have better cars than mine interest me!

Now be careful with your magazine subscriptions and don't go past page 3 of Banzai Magazine as you may well see a car better than yours

Just off to inform the World to close off all forums showing cars at £10k plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juno

Chris. said:
What have you paid for the Tommi if you don't mind me asking? I have seen some for sale on the MLR for £50k, but whether they actually change hands at that is another matter.

They've become so expensive it's only really collectors that can afford them now, when let's be honest there really isn't much difference between a normal VI and a VI TME.
I'd rather not say if that's OK but take your point

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
That's fine.

I know Staffi sold his because the offer was too good to refuse, some others who had some for a while also sold up when prices went up.

I can understand it though, I think a red TME with the correct sticker kit is one of the best looking Japanese cars of its era.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Well, this thread changed quick.

I'm up for reading about anything car related, keep em coming.

Let's face it, we are all petrol mad, and having the available funds and storage space, we'd all do the same and buy them all :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

juno

Chris. said:
What have you paid for the Tommi if you don't mind me asking? I have seen some for sale on the MLR for £50k, but whether they actually change hands at that is another matter.

They've become so expensive it's only really collectors that can afford them now, when let's be honest there really isn't much difference between a normal VI and a VI TME.
I'd rather not say if that's OK but take your point

carl hammond

Advanced Member

Let's face it, we are all petrol mad, and having the available funds and storage space, we'd all do the same and buy them all :)

I am with John on this one and enjoy anything car related, but I can see how some will not like it as if they like me only have the one car then could be a bit Jealous (I am not by the way) as I love what I have and the list reminds me of my past cars so it's enjoyable to read (apart from the Lambo) never had one lol....

What people forget is peoples situations are different and change depending on life and what it throws at you... Everyone has their own means to live by and their own budget.

I have a DC5 now and is it the most expensive car I have had or the most powerful? NO. I have had a pretty impressive list of cars throughout my years of driving (most of them have been more powerful and more expensive than the DC5 I currently own), but unfortunately life's curve balls have killed my finances and I am now still recovering from a second time in court battling a personal matter that has cost me over 35K in total meaning that I have had to forget the car(s) that I was saving for and opt for the next best fun thing I could) the DC5.

So what is the list of cars you currently have Juno?

thanks

Carl

dotty

Advanced Member
It's good reading at the end of the day. There'll be many owners on here who have more than just a dc5 who use this forum as a well knowledgable form of info , which it has gained over many years of users , this forum was around before the social media explosion (as it happens I created the itr-dc5 page) I still pop in , I'm a big fan of the dc5 and have had two , and have recently euro- tripped with a couple of them in my FK2. It would be a boring forum if all was discussed was which tegiwa part shall I get next ..?

Embrace the users and their cars.

Mebz

Advanced Member
ScottyDc5 said:
Tegiwa Sucks lol
You sound like a show off as well...tegiwa snob.

While we are at it, let's stop the 'build thread' section as well, it's full of egomaniacs showing off their wealth, spending their money on mods.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:

I agree

I appreciate all cars and their origins with their owners, be it normalish cars people have modded and put their heart, soul and finances into them, to rare items be it clean or rust buckets, to exotic dream land. Makes interesting conversation how some people come about choosing or getting their cars, from car meets to supermarkets

juno

carl hammond said:
I am with John on this one and enjoy anything car related, but I can see how some will not like it as if they like me only have the one car then could be a bit Jealous (I am not by the way) as I love what I have and the list reminds me of my past cars so it's enjoyable to read (apart from the Lambo) never had one lol....

What people forget is peoples situations are different and change depending on life and what it throws at you... Everyone has their own means to live by and their own budget.

I have a DC5 now and is it the most expensive car I have had or the most powerful? NO. I have had a pretty impressive list of cars throughout my years of driving (most of them have been more powerful and more expensive than the DC5 I currently own), but unfortunately life's curve balls have killed my finances and I am now still recovering from a second time in court battling a personal matter that has cost me over 35K in total meaning that I have had to forget the car(s) that I was saving for and opt for the next best fun thing I could) the DC5.

So what is the list of cars you currently have Juno?

thanks

Carl
And I hope you recover the status quo so you can once again to be free to do what you wantGood Luck

Midnight

Advanced Member
I can see how some may take it as arrogance, although seeing Juno's threads on MLR I don't think he intentially means to rub people up the wrong way.

Me myself enjoy seeing his cars, they are simply stunning and a little inspiring at the same time.

If people do find his posts annoying, simply don't read them.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Have to say when it comes to being Jealous when people (not just meaning you Juno) do post stuff like Lambo's etc I genuinely do not get jealous at all and if I had the money I wouldn't buy any of those types of "Hypercars" etc. Each to their own.

But what does get me annoyed is the "collectors" that bump the price up. Buying them as an investment and have no real interest in driving them. I have adverts saved 2/3 years ago showing Red Tommi's for £12,000 with 60k in Southern Ireland! And back then it was considered so expensive it didn't sell. Now they are out of reach for normal people like us. I've had Integras (7 in 4 years by the way - I'm such a showoff, aren't I? lol) R33 GT-R Skylines, Imprezas, Evos etc and some of the cars I would love to own in the 90s/Early 00's Jap to drive, improve and enjoy I will never get a chance to (50k minimum for R34 GT-R's anyone?!). That's just tough luck I guess! I'm glad I've had a chance to experience so many already.

I can see where some people are coming from calling him a showoff but at least he drives them! At the end of the day if I had the money I would have the biggest garage you have ever seen with every Jap Import you could ever dream of haha! I'd be on every forum too... torturing all you peasants. Bow down bitches :p

juno

Well it's really pleasing to see most of us just simply enjoy our cars whatever we have

I want to experience as many cars as I can which I like before I can't for whatever reasons may get in the way, if that makes sense?

For many years I could only afford one car on a budget so I've been there and understand it, however owing that one special car and planning it's purchase was in some respects the most enjoyable period of car ownership!

Yes I do use my cars although I also enjoy taking great care of them. They are driven with spirit and well looked after!

I bought Daves car after advice received from this forum which was very welcome

I didn't expect the EVO to crop up so soon and it becomes a case of space and storage for which I do have some wacky plans

In the meantime thumbs up to all enthusiasts and yes I did walk every foot at JapFest I hope that goes to show my intentions

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Loving the white theme.

Think you need a new camera tho lol, yours looks like it's got a screen protector over the lens :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
If you've got it, flaunt it. Am I jealous of all yours cars? Of course I am! It's good to see a guy like you have a real passion for all cars including the DC5, shows you have a real passion for cars.

I know if I were in your position I'd have every JDM legend I could find all lined up in a garage 😆.

We're all different and in different financial situations. Most people with money like that just go for Ferraris, Lambos etc. Nice to see someone up there with some taste 😜

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

juno

Johngreen537 said:
Loving the white theme.

Think you need a new camera tho lol, yours looks like it's got a screen protector over the lens :)

all my iPhones always seem to be rubbish quality when it comes to the camera