NEW to DC5s

BezDC5

Hello everyone! Recently bought a dc5 and everyone i have dealt with and spoke to has asked if I‘m a member of any forums so thought it might be a good idea to join one if I have any issues or questions with the teg. New to the forum thing and Also new to hondas and DC5s, had mine 4 days and can honestly say I‘m loving every minute, I‘ve never had anything that drives like it. I‘m based in Leeds.
Cheers

skengdR

Advanced Member
welcome to the club man , if you treat the car right they are very reliable and wont let you down on the fun factor

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Welcome mate

The amount of advice and genuine people on here is insane. I‘ve been in the dc5 world for around 6 years now and haven‘t looked back once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BezDC5

Thanks lads
Said I‘d keep it completely standard initially but think I‘m gonna get some kind of induction kit just to open the sound up a little more 😁 seems like most people go for those tegiwa air boxes from what I‘ve seen. Maybe an exhaust after that, like the sound of those kakimotos

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Welcome on board. Friendly bunch on here - although those pesky social media groups seem more popular these days.
Enjoy the car :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
BezDC5 said:
Thanks lads
Said I‘d keep it completely standard initially but think I‘m gonna get some kind of induction kit just to open the sound up a little more 😁 seems like most people go for those tegiwa air boxes from what I‘ve seen. Maybe an exhaust after that, like the sound of those kakimotos
Marc (Crazylegs) is selling a teg m now cheap mate

BezDC5

Cheers for that Carl! is there a way I can message him direct? I will suss out how to navigate around the forum eventually lol

BezDC5

Cheers for that Carl! is there a way I can message him direct? I will suss out how to navigate around the forum eventually lol

moody_mage

BezDC5 said:
Thanks lads
Said I‘d keep it completely standard initially but think I‘m gonna get some kind of induction kit just to open the sound up a little more seems like most people go for those tegiwa air boxes from what I‘ve seen. Maybe an exhaust after that, like the sound of those kakimotos
It's a slippery slope my friend. Airbox here, exhaust there, before you know it you've stripped it out racecar style and replaced everything down to the bolts.

Ep3-r

Welcome to the forum mate, glad you're enjoying your teg they are fantastic cars. I've had mine for about 3 months now and use it
Everyday, I love looking in the rear view mirror and seeing that big wing!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey Bez! How's the intake? Not heard from you for a few days, hopefully it's all good!

Cheers

Marc

Teggs

It's a double whammy, you are now the owner of a DC5, so you're pretty much, a much a better person than 99% of the driver's on the road and you're also from YORKSHIRE, so you are in the seriously privelidged elite - 0.0001%. Try to resist the inherent persuation to run her on red diesel and don't drive the car at all, reduces it's value!