New tyres - wheel wobble

matt_hodgson

Hi

I just had a new set of RE050a fitted, bought from Black Circles and fitted at a local garage. I have a vibration/wobble through the steering wheel above 70 on the motorway, worst around 80.

I went to a different garage and had the front wheels re-balanced, but no difference.

I've since tried rotating the the front and rear wheels each side and still no difference.

There was no vibration whatsoever with the previous set.

Bit bamboozeled and wondered if anyone had any thoughts? Maybe I got a duff set of tyres?

Cheers
Matt

matt_hodgson

No - the previous set were a lot less stiff - should I get the tracking/geometry done again do you reckon? I did get it done at Honda with the previous set thinking about it.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

You don't mention what wheels you have fitted. If after market some require spigot rings to be fitted on the inside of the wheel, to get a snug fit on the hub.

Regards.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
WO02_MH said:
No - the previous set were a lot less stiff - should I get the tracking/geometry done again do you reckon? I did get it done at Honda with the previous set thinking about it.
Ah ok. I'd have guess the opposite to be honest. Less play in a firmer wall.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Elliot438

I would get them balanced again, go back to one of them ask them to do it again. If still wobble I would try another garage to balance them. I've had the same garage balance wheels for me 3 times before they got it right. Every time the wheel weights were in completely positions

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

You don't mention what wheels you have fitted. If after market some require spigot rings to be fitted on the inside of the wheel, to get a snug fit on the hub.

Regards.
spigot rings wont make any difference if the wheels have been fitted properly,

can only really be balancing if the issue only occurred after tyres fitted...

Ep3-r

Any update on this? Have you sorted the problem, I'm having similar issues after having new tyres fitted recently.