Newb ? Fix to Fogging HID's.

AkumaMax

ok i'm from the US and I purchased some JDM HID headlights. I've been having some trouble with them fogging up. Has anyone found a fix to this. Also another thing what wattage(spell) fuse do you use underhood for the HID's??? Thanx for the help.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
Hi

When I got my teg, the headlights fogged up something bad. However, because I drive with my headlights on during the day and then obviously with full beam on and off during the night when needed, the fogging in the lenses just went over time from having the lights on. I've also been told by a company that fit the Lexus style rear lights to cars that the way they stop those lights from notoriously fogging up is by drilling the smallest of pinholes in the bottom of the lense - underneath the visual face of it. This stops the fogging up also apparently.

AkumaMax

I just hate it. I mean mine arent as bad as some peoples. I do the same thing I put my high beams on to clear them. But I would like permenant fix for this. I'll take a look between the US headlight and the JDM one and see whats so different about them. BTW does anyone know the amp fuse for the HIDS on your cars? I need to know because I replaced my 20amp fuses with 30 amps so my HIDs don't blow them.

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Try some silica gel packs - put inside the headlamps, should hopefully absorb any excess moisture.

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Dunno, but Honda expect this to happen to the lamps - they even mention it in their manual.

AkumaMax

ok i'll try that one silca packet thingy. BTW WHAT AMP FUSES DO YOU HAVE FOR YOUR HIDS!!!!!!! I need to know I have 30amp fuses in my car now. I did have 20amp Fuses!!!!

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Mine were really bad when I first got the car but went away over time.

The only time it happens now is after I have cleaned the car but it soon clears up.

dan the man

Advanced Member
my rear lights on dc2 misted very badly..had mm of water in bottom! i drilled little holes in bottom(cant even tell) and water out and air in equals nice clear lights that will never fog!!!

dan