Newbie from Southampton

Teggy_dan

Hi everyone,

I've been on the forum for a little while now and I haven't really had the chance to say hi. Anyways moving on, ive always wanted a DC5, a car that looks good and all in proportion with some power. I looked for ages for the right one and finally picked up it up last summer 2017. Its most likely an ex forum member on here as the car was pretty much mint. Since then I've done a few bits to it....

I took it to my local bodyshop for little touch ups here and there and got the wheel arches treated as i know they are probe for rust.

Next I had the car professionally valetered inside and outside, the red recaros were near on black but have come back really nice to the original red.

Then I concentrated on doing my engine bay. I got the rocker cover resprayed white to match the colour of the car (I know its hard to keep clean) I bought some nice carbon fibre goodies from Kode performance, spark plug cover and inlet manifold cover. Got some red dress up bolts from MJC Automotive to get rid of the rusty ones also with a red battery clamp. I'm currently saving up for the Tegiwa carbon airbox.

I've ordered some new rear led lights, custom made in Japan by Rize Japan (still awaiting customs clearance) will grab some photos with them on as soon as I get them.

Finally I ordered a carbon fibre lip from TypeRkits which I'm awaiting to arrive. Will also get photos with it on.

I want to give it a remap and get a better stereo system for the future.

Please find some pictures attached:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Yep. An ex forum car. The old owner Adam took good care of her and she looks in a good way. Welcome buddy.

Teggy_dan

Thanks for the warm welcome messages. Little update, my LED rear lights have arrived! Despite the massive custom charge ands waiting over 3 months these were so worth it in the end! Can't wait to get them on the Teg!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Welcome to the forum Dan, hope you enjoy your ownership and look forward to the updates

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome

Yes it was Adam the ex owner. He‘s got a Scooby now

Has it still got the Veilside back box?

Teggy_dan

Patch_teg said:
Welcome

Yes it was Adam the ex owner. He‘s got a Scooby now

Has it still got the Veilside back box?
Yeah, it's still on there. Sounds real nice when hitting vtec.

DC5Adam

Teggy_dan said:
Thanks for the warm welcome messages. Little update, my LED rear lights have arrived! Despite the massive custom charge ands waiting over 3 months these were so worth it in the end! Can't wait to get them on the Teg!
Be interested too see how these fit on your car mate, have similar lights on mine that came on the car and they don't quite sit flush where they return round and meet the back wings, where did you get these from?

Teggy_dan

DC5Adam said:
Be interested too see how these fit on your car mate, have similar lights on mine that came on the car and they don't quite sit flush where they return round and meet the back wings, where did you get these from?
Yeah as soon as the weather is abit better I can get them on! I ordered them from a Japanese company called Rize Japan. Very reputable company. Custom made too. And they have chaser signals built in.

Teggy_dan

Quick update, I've got the rear LED lights fitted today and I must say they are simply amazing! They come with 15 different modes patterns but this one was my favourite... Take a look!!!

Crowds1

I'm also a newb from Southampton! mines a bit more standard i wouldn't be surprised if its an ex forum car either!

Teggy_dan

Crowds1 said:
I'm also a newb from Southampton! mines a bit more standard i wouldn't be surprised if its an ex forum car either!
I've seen a few more around Southampton over the past few weeks.

What colour is yours may I ask?

Mine was indeed from a previous forum member, which he has looked after it extremely well. I just gave it an extra bit of tlc in the bodyshop with new front discs and pads. Also put the new LED rear lights on too just to give it a stand out look.

Crowds1

I‘m in hedge end, it‘s in the garage most of the week! Just ordered a couple of little bits to tidy it up here and there. Few bits planned but going for the one feel but useful on track!

Teggy_dan

Crowds1 said:

I‘m in hedge end, it‘s in the garage most of the week! Just ordered a couple of little bits to tidy it up here and there. Few bits planned but going for the one feel but useful on track!
Ah right not far from me, I'm based in Netley. Looks really nice bud. Are you going to Japfest?

Crowds1

Teggy_dan said:
Ah right not far from me, I'm based in Netley. Looks really nice bud. Are you going to Japfest?
New Road way i bet :xgrin: (family live in Netley), no i'm a bit old for car shows just into my track days!