Newbie question - braided lines

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

Basic question sorry, first time doing a lot with brakes. Here‘s a photo of my lines right now. They look quite old but if I clean them up they seem braided inside the clear tube? Are OEM rubber only?

Also the yellow part goes into a junction and then there‘s a green line to the caliper. If I look at pics of Hel lines they seem to be one piece, do they just replace one part of the line?

Appreciate the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
rsmithinfo said:
Hey folks,

Basic question sorry, first time doing a lot with brakes. Here‘s a photo of my lines right now. They look quite old but if I clean them up they seem braided inside the clear tube? Are OEM rubber only?

Also the yellow part goes into a junction and then there‘s a green line to the caliper. If I look at pics of Hel lines they seem to be one piece, do they just replace one part of the line?

Appreciate the feedback!

I think most braided lines come with that bracket to bolt it into the oem position. I‘m still on oem for now so not 100%

Have a look at carl‘s like he‘s suggested above

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Have a had a look at Carl's thanks both.

I'll have the wheel off soon and just check they're not already named braided ones. If not, will order some Hels ones.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Have a had a look at Carl's thanks both.

I'll have the wheel off soon and just check they're not already named braided ones. If not, will order some Hels ones.
Any issues let me know mate, oem ones from the joins you have highlighted are rubber hoses so if they are solid clean them up and see if they are black braided ones, I know TGM advertised some of their braided lines on facebook the other day (£75 I believe they were) else HEL are always a good bet

Mark_teg

Staff member
I had the TGM lines. They're excellent quality and still looked like brand new when I sold the car (fitted for 5 years in my ownership, 2 years with the next owner and probably are still fitted now!).