Newera Imports

m121

Hi Guys

In the next couple of weeks i should be putting down an order with Newera Imports for a DC5. I would be interested to speak to DC5 owners who have bought there cars from Newera. I have already done a search and have seen alot of positive feedback.

Thanks

Mark :D

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Hi Mark

I got mine from Newera - Miguel is top guy and very good at what he does. He will source you a great car no problems at all.

The only downside i had with them was when the car was in the UK - their prices for things such as alarm etc were OTT. Also their website was way out of date so prices were different. It looks as though prices on there now are more up-to-date so as long as you know the full cost etc then thats fine. One thing to maybe do differently is to order an alarm online and get the fitter to go to Newera and fit the alarm as it was about £150 cheaper than their prices for fitting alarms. Also had issue with tyres as the car had jap snow tyres which Miguel said i could leave on but advised they would probably need changing on UK roads and so wouldnt replace them as part of OTR price. Said they would be fine for SVA etc. When car got to UK i was told i needed new tyres and to send them to Newera as gareth couldnt drive the car with them on :roll: meant i had to fork out for 4 new tyres after paying for the car. Annoyed me at the time (they charged me £80 to fit them too :roll: ) but just wanted the car :lol:

I was always meant to write to Miguel to explain the concerns i had but never got round to it as when i got the car it was mint (the fact they only buy mint cars and if a grade 4 or 4.54 they will touch up paint chips etc to make it a 5 was main attracting for me) and was so happy i just didnt bother.

The good stuff outweighed the negative stuff but thought id give you a frank opinion as if in your position id appreciate someone letting me know the score. Despite that though id definately use them again, just be more aware of the costs that can mount up.

m121

The information you have provide is excellent that was exactly the information I was after an honest opinion.

Thanks very much for your help. :D