Newish you the DC5 life[emoji2]

sam_dc5r

Bought my DC5 in July this year, loving it at the moment, Recent import,
0 rust, 1 previous owner, 75k Miles.

D54F24FB-1517-4F57-AB33-4211103C439A.jpgIMG_0858.JPGIMG_0859.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Looks like a very nice example, I am going to say if not on coilovers then its Mugen dampers and a spoon spring combo or at least spoon springs as the stance is flat and perfect

sam_dc5r

carl hammond said:
Looks like a very nice example, I am going to say if not on coilovers then its Mugen dampers and a spoon spring combo or at least spoon springs as the stance is flat and perfect
Thankyou very much mate! Yeah it‘s on TEIN street basis Z coilovers, not the best but it sits really well.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thankyou very much mate! Yeah it‘s on TEIN street basis Z coilovers, not the best but it sits really well.

Looks great mate, what are the plans for it, road or track use or a combo ?

sam_dc5r

carl hammond said:
Looks great mate, what are the plans for it, road or track use or a combo ?
Mostly road I think mate, it‘s super clean and I don‘t wanna ruin it, did take it around a small track last month and it‘s an absolute thrill to drove I can see why everyone loves these things.

Currently waiting on a Tegiwa M intake that‘s in order for now. Maybe a wheel refurb and rocker cover refurb for the time being. Still has the jap head unit so may change that!

Just serviced it myself, Millers oil ect ect
Added some RSX wind deflectors from the US
20mm Spacers all round
De badged
Rhino Lip

That‘s about it since iv had it.

IMG_0310.JPGIMG_0518.JPGIMG_0861.JPGA5AE910F-6006-453B-8FDB-DE66BE8831FC.jpg

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mostly road I think mate, it‘s super clean and I don‘t wanna ruin it, did take it around a small track last month and it‘s an absolute thrill to drove I can see why everyone loves these things.

Currently waiting on a Tegiwa M intake that‘s in order for now. Maybe a wheel refurb and rocker cover refurb for the time being. Still has the jap head unit so may change that!

Just serviced it myself, Millers oil ect ect
Added some RSX wind deflectors from the US
20mm Spacers all round
De badged
Rhino Lip

That‘s about it since iv had it.

IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
A5AE910F-6006-453B-8FDB-DE66BE8831FC.jpg

Awesome mate, yeah its a tough one, bought mine to be a show car and then within a few weeks of having a full restoration and repaint I tracked it and mmm well that's where it lives now, a unblemished show worthy trackcar

Depends on your needs and wants from it, my view is enjoy it as you want too, many use them for shows and road only, I use mine hard but maintain it after by means of repaints and maintenance and so on. I also insure it everytime I track it to be safe knowing it can always be replaced if worse come to worse lol, but never had an incident in well over 15 years of trackdays so touch wood lol...

Black/Anthracite or white wheels would look good on that mate and you also have a Beatrush plate re-locator, they are getting rare now :)

You should get a full build thread up in the Gallery area mate

sam_dc5r

Update on my DC5!

Managed to get a few things done over winter since I‘ve bought a 1.2 clio as a daily that I absolutely hate just to keep the salt off the teg!

So first things first, I changed the gearbox oil with genuine Honda MTF Fluid, the stuff I was draining was as golden as the stuff that was going back in so the gearbox has been looked after!

After a massive long wait of 3/4 months from my TEG M airbox it was finally here and I could not wait to get it onto the car! That was soon fitted and I could hear VTEC (finally )

Next was the rocker cover refurb that needed typing badly as it was letting the engine bay down
Got in touch with Spooner restorations as I‘ve seen his work for a while and know he does good stuff! After a long while deciding on colour I decided to stay with the OEM crinkle red to keep that clean look, also added a flush plug cover for that little bit extra

Next is a wheel refurb inside and out, I‘m thinking white? Not decided on a Champ white or a purer whiter white yet so let me know what you guys think!

sam_dc5r

Took the car on the dyno at TDI north, this was before the airbox with the car completely standard, it made 215BHP, let‘s hope the airbox gives me back my missing 5BHP